Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2012, 05:45 PM
Rookie

Default New gaming peripherals (Mouse, mousepad and keyboard)

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the Hardware Canucks forum, came here because os NCIX and Linus (yeah, he's awesome lol)
But what i really wanted to ask you guys on this thread is what peripherals should i buy for my new gaming rig?

I mean, i play a lot of Call of Duty, Battlefield, so i need a good keyboard/mouse/mousepad combination, right? But i really don't know that much about those kinds of things. So i wanted some opinions from you guys of what should i buy, keeping in mind that i want something good, but also in a good price because i'm not really rich or a enthusiast, so that's it haha

Thanks guys!
Old July 9, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mouse: Logitech G500
Keyboard: Corsair K60 or K90
Mousepad: HWC mousepad.
Old July 10, 2012, 04:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I'd really recommend the Cooler Master CM Storm Spawn for a mouse. I use one as my laptop mouse when traveling and it's honestly the most comfortable mouse I've ever used. There's two thumb buttons which I like, and it's got 'on the fly' dpi changes if you're into that sort of thing (I always default to the lowest setting, but that's probably a result of being raised on crappy mice....)
Old July 17, 2012, 11:44 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Smile

You have to tell us some info,
1. what's your previous keyboard/mouse/mousepad
2. Do you still looking for the same control feel or wanna try something new
3. What's your "must have" features on keyboard/mouse/mousepad
4. How many inches you turn 360 ingame

Break down like,
keyboard
backlit, tenkeyless, mechanical, which switch, big enter, macro keys, media keys, volume wheel, wrist rest included ...
mouse
buttons, wire/wireless, specific brand, grip style, color of lights ...
mousepad
metal, plastic, cloth, slippy, need more friction to control, size ...

Hope this can help
Old August 12, 2012, 09:09 PM
Rookie

I'm really sorry i got this thread opened and simply forgot about it. I'll consider both opinions up until now, thanks both of you supaflyx3 and FreeKnight =)

Now, answsering you quake3buter, i never had a gaming keyboard, mouse and mousepad so i don't really have a preference about lots of stuff, but here are some information that might be useful for you guys:

1. My actual keyboard/mouse set is a Logitech Ex 100, just a simple wireless keyboard/mouse and a CM Storm something mousepad. It's really confortable and good, but i don't really know if it's optimal for good gaming experience.
2. As i said before, never had a gaming peripheral in my entire life, so i'm opened for new stuff...
3. Must have:
Keyboard - Backlight, don't HAVE to be mechanical, but if could tell me a mechanical and non-mechanical keyboard i would be thankful, wrist rest and just the regular long shifts, backspace and enter.
Mouse - Just a really good gaming mouse that don't have a big yellow, purple light, optimized for FPS if possible.
Mousepad - Could be anything, i really need options on this one, the only thing i do care about is that is not made of metal, anything else i'm pleased to try out...
4. I didn't really got this question but i guess turn 270 degrees at least ingame

So, i guess this is it, thanks for all your support people =)
Old August 12, 2012, 09:51 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Whatever you are most comfortable with will be the best. I have bought many many peripherals and finally found ones that work well for me. I think the mouse is the hardest thing to find a perfect fit, so I would go down to futureshop or something and try a few different ones in your hand to see what fits.

My Vote:
Mouse: Logitech G9x
Keyboard: G510(membrane) or corsair K90(mechanical)
Mousepad: Razer Goliaths. I love these pads, especially the control series mid size.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011
Old August 13, 2012, 03:01 AM
MVP

My System Specs

The mouse is indeed the most personal item -- hand size, finger length and grip type (there are three grip styles usually identified in the industry) all alter the fit of the mouse and the placement of buttons, and then there's the weight decision.

It's like clothes, no matter how many recommendations you read you have to try it on to know if it will fit you.
Old August 13, 2012, 09:48 AM
Top Prospect

For those of us whose wrists hate us, the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 keyboard is one of the best you'll find on the market. Solid and you notice a difference in any wrist pain almost immediately.
Old August 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
Rookie

I don't actually live on Canada or anywhere on North America, i live in Brazil, and here we don't actually have a lot of tech stores or department stores that sells really good quality stuff like best buy. Here we do have those but that sells basic computer stuff, horrible keyboards, just those basic membering keyboard, BRL 20, which is about 10 dollars in the US, so it's just shit, nothing good. I'll try to see if i can get my hands on some keyboards and mouses around here to see something that suits me best and tell you guys just for you to have something to base your recommendations. Thanks a lot for all the responses so far, helped a lot =)