Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Fineally Bought Me a new Wheel to play driving games (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/55264-fineally-bought-me-new-wheel-play-driving-games.html)

elmorejohn46 July 5, 2012 03:21 PM

Fineally Bought Me a new Wheel to play driving games

I loved my G25 ,but it got burned up when my house burned.This time I just can't pay $250 for a wheel.I never used the stick shift on it anyway ,So this time I just bought logitech Driving Force GT ,I was scared it would'nt work right because it says it is for a PS3 and CPU compatible,But with the newest software all the buttons work and they can be programed.It not as good as my G25 but it is a lot better then my MOMO was .The wheel has a 900 degree turnning radius just like the G27 and It is smooth ,the feedback is good .The pedals could be a lot better .they work but really not relisted gas padal ,spring could be tighter,but once you get used to it ,it works fine.besides it only cost me $104.the money I saved bought me a G9x mouse and a G110 keyboard and a H.P all in one printer.I have'nt found a game yet the DFGT has'nt worked on.I really wanted that G27 but could'nt justify the price this time around.

elmorejohn46 July 6, 2012 01:52 AM

does'nt anyone on here enjoy raceing games?

MacGyver July 7, 2012 10:44 AM

I do, but I've been using a keyboard since Test Drive in the 80s, and a wheel would look goofy in my office :)

I play Trackmania, Burnout Paradise, NFS anything, and BMW Challenge with the Nurburgring Nordschleife track. I haven't got into the DiRT series, though. Your post inspired me to download some demos today.

redline July 7, 2012 11:09 AM

Well, I do, judging by my username :biggrin:. I just haven't found the time yet to play them.

I bought the G27 when it came out, but it sat in its box unopened for a couple of years. Meanwhile, I kept building a collection of PC racing simulations, and also bought the PS3 for GT5 in early 2011. I finally took the G27 for a spin in GT5 and did all the license tests and a few of the challenges. It's really fun, but I haven't touched the wheel in a year. Time flies!

MacJunky July 7, 2012 11:30 AM

I have a Fanatec CSR, CSR shifter and CSR Elite pedals that I use frequently with GT Legends and Race07+retro among some other titles with old cars. Upgraded from a G25.
Sold the PS3 because GT5 is lame and the xbox died so atm PC only.

There is another guy here who was holding out for the Fanatec Clubsport wheel that seems to have been released recently.(of course, the load killed Fatatec's website :P )

Brian August 24, 2012 05:46 PM

Glad to hear you like it, I'm stuck using a Momo on iRacing currently. I'm trying to find a cheap Driving Force GT to grab and upgrade. Like you I can't justify the prices on the G25/27 right now. Where did you get the GT for $104 by chance? Retail is ludicrous in Canada for these, I can use the coupon on Logitech's website and get a G27 shipped here for the same price as FS and BB ask for a new GT. Been trying to nab a few second hand ones at about $80 but didn't have the extra cash at the time (months ago). Checking as much as I can wherever I can but can't find any good deals on them!