Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2012, 04:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltiti55555 View Post
I got the CM Storm Spawn as I didn't want my first gaming mouse to be THAT expensive, and TBH I can't get used to it over the Logitech M305. I haven't found a setting that compares or it's better than the one i had on the M305, maybe because I am playing with no mouse pad the sensor on the button of the mouse it's not working properly, I truly don't know. This is where a question comes in, what's a good gaming (or regular) mouse pad for this mouse? I was told that a dark cloth mouse pad would be my best bet. :S
That's strange, the M305 and the CM Storm Spawn use very similar Avago made optical sensors.

Have you checked the firmware? There were a few sensor bugs in the earlier iterations. A mouse pad would help too, but you honestly shouldn't need a "gaming" pad, although some good ones can be had for fairly cheap. (Steelseries QCK's can be had for ~$6, and are pretty good)
Old July 6, 2012, 05:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSdeadly1 View Post
Take a look in the HWC Store. Nice mouse pads there, i use mine for gaming all the time
I have one of every Storm mice here and use a HWC mat for most of my computer needs that said TBH I dont care much for the feel of the HWC mat with the Spawn/Xornat ( dont even get me going on the first gen Sentinels) it always feels slow and sloppy, fine for 90% of what you do except gaming. Gaming I pull out my CM Storm Mat ( it is white and doesnt go with my setup or I would use it 24/7) Unfortunately they were custom CM mats that only got 100 produced........... but it did fix my Sensor issue with my twin-eye sensor:/

But yeah no mat isnt going to feel to good IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 6, 2012, 06:53 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I have one of every Storm mice here and use a HWC mat for most of my computer needs that said TBH I dont care much for the feel of the HWC mat with the Spawn/Xornat ( dont even get me going on the first gen Sentinels) it always feels slow and sloppy, fine for 90% of what you do except gaming. Gaming I pull out my CM Storm Mat ( it is white and doesnt go with my setup or I would use it 24/7) Unfortunately they were custom CM mats that only got 100 produced........... but it did fix my Sensor issue with my twin-eye sensor:/

But yeah no mat isnt going to feel to good IMO
So basically what you are saying is that no matter what mat I buy, unless it is a CM Storm mat my experience with the mouse will be miserable? Lol can I get my money back?
Video Card x2: Gigabyte Windforce 7950 Boost @1100/1350 || AMD Radeon R9 280 Double Dissipation Edition @ 1100/1350
Hard Drives: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA3 6GB/S 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
Power Supply: XFX XTR Series 750W PSU
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64Bit
Old August 14, 2012, 02:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltiti55555 View Post
Thx for the advice!

Btw I forgot to mention that I want a wireless one, IF possible.
Either have a gaming mouse or a wireless one, you cannot have both I'm afraid. The only wireless gaming mouse that 'works' is the razer mamba as far as I know. But that thing costs a fortune. I currently have a g9 (same as g9x but older laser) and it is superb.

You might like a razer mouse though since they make small asian hand-sized mice.
Old August 14, 2012, 06:39 AM
MVP

Gigabyte M6900.
I have this mouse and I love it. Its dirt cheap and just as good as the high priced gaming mice out there. It may not be as solid as the expensive ones but performance wise its equal. I've never had such a smooth and comfortable mouse as this. It goes on sale for less $20 regularly, the regular price is only $25 at NCIX. I strongly recommend you give it a whirl before buying one of the pricier gaming mice.
Gigabyte GM-M6900 7 Button Wired Dual Lens Optical Gaming Mouse 3200DPI LED Display USB
Gigabyte GM-M6900 7 Button Wired Dual Lens Optical Gaming Mouse 3200DPI LED Display USB - Gigabyte - GM-M6900
Old August 28, 2012, 03:00 PM
Trial Member

It really depends on the person but you don't need to spend a lot to get a good gaming mouse if you can do without some bells and whistles (LED lights, custom profiles, etc.)

To find the best gaming mouse for my needs, I stumbled upon this site, Top Gaming Mice | A collection of the top 10 best mice for gaming. which made everything a lot easier.
Old August 30, 2012, 10:56 PM
Rookie

Razer makes some good mice. Just dont' expect them to last long cause I hear lots of people break theirs somehow. I got a Razer Deathadder 3.5 and its perfect.
Old August 31, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have always liked the G5 (i loathe wireless mice for gaming)

Old August 31, 2012, 08:13 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

G700- wireless, enough buttons, and and best warranty.

Old September 16, 2012, 12:14 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Get a Mionix Sargas 400 Mouse Pad along with a Logitech G400 optical gaming mouse. G400 should be onlt 40-45$ but it's one of the most raved about gaming mouse you will find.

If you don't have a mouse pad I would recommend either the Sargas 400 or a Steelseries 4HD/9HD.