Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 8, 2012, 02:51 PM
Rookie

Default HP ZR24W

is this a good price for this monitor or should i wait for a better deal?

HP / Hewlett Packard ZR24w 24" Widescreen LCD VM633A8#ABA
Old May 8, 2012, 04:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

This is not a bad price. I paid $425 for one from HP. Did find some cheaper than your price but didn't recognize the company names and have no idea if they are good or bad. B&H is a reputable company I think. Also has free shipping in the US. Don't know where you are located. I did find a refurb model on HP refurbished site for $10 less than the one you have linked. I bought one from HP refurbed and it came broken in shipping but since it is business class/enterprise equipment I filed a claim and they had a guy out with a new screen in 3 days, no questions asked. I would not be afraid to purchase from the HP refurb but don't think it is worth it to save $10. BTW, I have absolutely enjoyed my two HP ZR24W monitors. Great IPS panels for the price. Sorry they are now discontinued from HP. The newer version isn't nearly as good so I hear.
Old May 8, 2012, 06:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Might want to read this thread, particularly the last page: Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor Review Comment Thread
Old May 8, 2012, 09:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tordogs View Post
This is not a bad price. I paid $425 for one from HP. Did find some cheaper than your price but didn't recognize the company names and have no idea if they are good or bad. B&H is a reputable company I think. Also has free shipping in the US. Don't know where you are located. I did find a refurb model on HP refurbished site for $10 less than the one you have linked. I bought one from HP refurbed and it came broken in shipping but since it is business class/enterprise equipment I filed a claim and they had a guy out with a new screen in 3 days, no questions asked. I would not be afraid to purchase from the HP refurb but don't think it is worth it to save $10. BTW, I have absolutely enjoyed my two HP ZR24W monitors. Great IPS panels for the price. Sorry they are now discontinued from HP. The newer version isn't nearly as good so I hear.
oh im just using the site to price match on ncix lol. just wondering if this price is worth using or should wait for something cheaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
Might want to read this thread, particularly the last page: Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor Review Comment Thread
hm i guess ill keep doin my research on this monitor. quite disappointed now lol