Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2008, 03:10 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Mouse Pad for Gaming Mouse?

Hey Guys,

I've been looking into getting a new mouse pad for my Logitech G7 mouse but i can't decide which one to go with.

A lot of the "gaming" mouse pads say they are for Optical and Ball mice, but my mouse is a Laser mouse... will Laser mice work on the safe surface just as well as an optical mouse? or is it better to get a "gaming" mouse pad that says its designed for Laser mice?

I am not a fan of fabric mouse pads.
This is the mouse pad i am currently looking at.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Steelseries

Any input would be great!
Old April 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
Hey Guys,

I've been looking into getting a new mouse pad for my Logitech G7 mouse but i can't decide which one to go with.

A lot of the "gaming" mouse pads say they are for Optical and Ball mice, but my mouse is a Laser mouse... will Laser mice work on the safe surface just as well as an optical mouse? or is it better to get a "gaming" mouse pad that says its designed for Laser mice?

I am not a fan of fabric mouse pads.
This is the mouse pad i am currently looking at.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...re=Steelseries

Any input would be great!
Personally I don't believe all the crap about mouse pads , one being better then the other, I used to make a big deal about them myself until I lost my last one a couple of years ago and to this day I haven't even used a mouse pad all I have is a sheet of black fabric going across where my computer is and to be totally honest I don't notice any difference at all no matter which optic or laser mouse i use the mouse pad made no difference that I could feel or sense and I have been online gaming pretty much every day for years. S0 personally I would save the 50. CAD and spend it on something more useful. that is my opinion on mouse pads
Old April 3, 2008, 12:25 PM
Rookie

ive used every pad from func's to steel's, ive found the func's archtype 1030 to fit my needs perfectly
Old April 3, 2008, 12:43 PM

My System Specs

I've tried 'gaming surfaces' before and did not like them. SteelSeries QcK+ :) Nice big cloth mat.
Old April 3, 2008, 01:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
I've tried 'gaming surfaces' before and did not like them. SteelSeries QcK+ :) Nice big cloth mat.
Ya I've got the Qck+ Mini - does the job for me and my Deathadder. I think it's more about what feels good to you then some kind of scientific calculation. According to esreality, the mouse pad I am using with my Deathadder is one of the worst performers because of lift off distance with that mouse. Whatever... it feels good, my mouse glides nicely and it fits where it needs to. At work I don't even use a mouse pad, just the desktop with a Logitech MX400.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old April 3, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use a razer mantis speed (version) and yes I do notice a difference in FPS, twitch shooting from the hip is alot more accurate for me, scoped I notice no difference.
Just did a quick "test" with a couple of crap mats (wife's) and the glide is way better.
But $50 is to much IMO for what you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old April 3, 2008, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I've got the Razer Exactmat. It is AWESOME. Essentially it is a slab of Aluminum, with a silky smooth coating that forms the mousing surface. Very durable. Double sided too, so one is a little more textured than the other. There are 4 rubber pads in each corner that keep it from moving about on your desk. They do not get in the way of my mouse movement, even though I play with very low sensitivity. I love my Razer.

I have also owned a Func Archetype 1030b, which is another great mouse pad. But the Razer is better!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old April 4, 2008, 03:01 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Right now i am using a Plastic Mouse Pad i bought a long time ago, but am finding that after long game seasons it really puts a pain in my wrist, I have used Fabric mouse pads in the past and they seem to irritate my wrist from rubbing.

Thats why i am looking at the Aluminum mouse pad, was kind of hoping it would be different.

I am also in need of a larger mouse pad. My current mouse pad is 11" wide by 8" high and i need more room.

I like playing my games at the highest DPI setting on my mouse as well.

More input is welcome, I won't be purchasing a new mouse pad yet until i am more certain on what i need.
Old April 4, 2008, 08:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.p...083&quantity=1 Seams the Mantis is on sale right now through HCF Sponsered Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old April 4, 2008, 09:40 PM
Allstar

get one of these:
http://www.gizmodo.es/savedfiles/gad..._mouse_pad.jpg