Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6, 2008, 02:17 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

On the value for cost side my favorite mousing surface is still a piece of plane bond paper and a little sticky tape to hold it to the desk. Works better than every other moue pad I have tried that are one thousand times the price.
Old April 11, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm currently using a pad from xtracpads .com. It works well with my mx518. I also sprayed a little pledge on it for a little added slickness.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old April 11, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I use a Razer ExactMat, it works great for me. I might try out one of their newer models, and also Steelseries has a new non-cloth type. I might try them out.

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old April 12, 2008, 08:08 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Evilyeti, a mouse pad does make a difference. I was playing Counterstrike Source with an Allsop mouse pad, Logitech optical mouse and my scores were sucking, they always seemed to get a bead on me before I could aim. I was always cleaning crap off of my mouse feet too. I went to Futureshop and bought a Rocket fish game pad,

Rocket Fish Gaming Pad at Futureshop

it has a control or speed surface like some of the more expensive pads by flipping it and it is aluminum.

Now I never have to clean my mouse feet, I use the control surface, and I've been owning in the pubs. In fact there were a couple of times I was so surprised at how quickly I was able to react to someone popping up and then headshot them, I was worried that I was going to get called out as a hacker.

The only problem with the pad is if you don't like the rocketfish logo and the feet that are necessary on each side to allow you to flip it.

The plus side is you can pick it up at your local futureshop and return it if you just don't like it... I still have mine.

Last edited by low351; April 12, 2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old April 12, 2008, 10:11 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by low351 View Post
Evilyeti, a mouse pad does make a difference. I was playing Counterstrike Source with an Allsop mouse pad, Logitech optical mouse and my scores were sucking, they always seemed to get a bead on me before I could aim. I was always cleaning crap off of my mouse feet too. I went to Futureshop and bought a Rocket fish game pad,

Rocket Fish Gaming Pad at Futureshop

it has a control or speed surface like some of the more expensive pads by flipping it and it is aluminum.

Now I never have to clean my mouse feet, I use the control surface, and I've been owning in the pubs. In fact there were a couple of times I was so surprised at how quickly I was able to react to someone popping up and then headshot them, I was worried that I was going to get called out as a hacker.

The only problem with the pad is if you don't like the rocketfish logo and the feet that are necessary on each side to allow you to flip it.

The plus side is you can pick it up at your local futureshop and return it if you just don't like it... I still have mine.
Thanks, I never thought Futureshop would carry gaming pads... I guess i will go try this one since i will be able to return it if i dont like. Before i go spending money online.
Old April 12, 2008, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewguy001 View Post

Is it just stuffed foam or is it gel pad?
Old April 12, 2008, 02:43 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Silicone? They can't be real...