Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 7, 2012, 08:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

No such thing. Just buy another 518. (I have 2 or 3 now I think...)
Old May 14, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hall Of Fame

went to the NCIX tech fair this weekend and had a quick look at the mice there and saw the corsair m60 mouse and thought it didnt look too bad. Anyone have any experience with that mouse in real life?
Old May 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
Well its a sad day but my mx518 has become sporadic in regards to its right click, tried cleaning it and checked the contacts and couldnt find anything wrong with it so its time for a replacement for it I think.

I also have a G700 that I got for my laptop but I dont seem to like it as much as the mx518. I need anything with 1000 buttons or infinite sensitivity but it at the very least it must have at least a forwarrd and back button for the thumb and it must be wired. A button that drops the sensitivity right down for the durration of you holding that button would be a bonus for several programs and games. And as always money is always an issue but any recommendations are welcome.

The only looking I've done is at the local futureshop and ncix to see which ones they had on display just to feel them but the selection was very limited. Looking at them online has the limit of just being able to show you specs.
Check here Amazon.com: Logitech MX 518 High Performance Optical Gaming Mouse (Metal): Electronics
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 14, 2012, 02:37 PM
Hall Of Fame

see my only problem with getting another mx518 is quite simply that I can't see hoe mouse tech hasn't advanced past it. So if I'm paying 60+ for a new mouse I want it to be a step forward not staying stationary.
Old May 14, 2012, 02:50 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
see my only problem with getting another mx518 is quite simply that I can't see hoe mouse tech hasn't advanced past it. So if I'm paying 60+ for a new mouse I want it to be a step forward not staying stationary.
I don't think any mouse has surpassed the MX518 for gaming. I showed you where to get one,now all you have to do is go get it. You already know how good they are.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old May 14, 2012, 04:01 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

I bought a G9 to replace my MX500 (yeah, ancient I know but I loved it) and it's been mostly a positive change.
Old May 14, 2012, 05:31 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Absolutely love my g9x. Just make sure you like using a claw grip.
Old May 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
went to the NCIX tech fair this weekend and had a quick look at the mice there and saw the corsair m60 mouse and thought it didnt look too bad. Anyone have any experience with that mouse in real life?
yep! +1 on this mouse. smoothness and responsive on my hardwood desktop is excellent. haven't really played with the "sniper" button cause Recon is lametard. another solid Corsair product in my books.
Old May 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungwirez View Post
yep! +1 on this mouse. smoothness and responsive on my hardwood desktop is excellent. haven't really played with the "sniper" button cause Recon is lametard. another solid Corsair product in my books.
is the software as bad as it sounds? I've never really touched the logitech software except to change dpi settings (basically put it to the max on the mx518). The mouse did feel good but if it is that crippled by the software....

The sniper button would be nice for me not only in games but photoshop and like applications as well so that would be a bonus for me.

I did feel a RAT7 at the even as well and I dont know if it was just that it wasnt adjusted to my had but I didnt like it, 1 because it had far far too many buttons on it (I could never use an mmo mouse, I mean how many buttons can you actually ever use?) and 2 it just didnt feel great.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:35 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Well it depends if you are looking at real performance or just the gimmicks they market. In terms of performance the mx518 is still great but the g400 is a step above while being virtually identical in shape/weight.