Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2012, 03:38 PM
Rookie

Default MMO Mouse Recommendations

Currently I am using the Razer Imperator which I found to complement my small hand size quite well. The problem that I'm currently having is that the mouse feet are starting to wear, in which picking up a new set would cost quite a bit of money for shipping considering I live in Hawaii (20+ dollars or 1/3 the price of the mouse). So I've decided on changing to a new mouse hoping to find one more suited for my taste of games (ideally MMOs). I play lots of League of Legends and TERA, and plan to play others such as GW2, Diablo 3, and such. Currently I'm caught between the Razer Naga Epic (for the different grips) and the Razer Naga Hex as the Naga seems kind of overkill on buttons. Money is not to much of an issue, but I would prefer saving some money if possible. I've noticed that the M90 has gone down in price on Amazon and have also considered it but have been turned away by many bad reviews about the software despite ordering the K90. Also my preferred grip is the Claw grip. Is the Naga Hex more than enough for most MMOs as I think it would be since the Naga last rows of buttons seem hard to press? Or should I just go with the Naga molten since it's on sale? If there is any other mouse recommendations I'd be glad to hear input, but remember I do have fairly small hands and use the claw grip. Also to prevent my mouse feet from wearing again, any recommendations on mousepads? I'm currently using a Razer City of Heroes mousepad that I got from Gamestop for free. I do prefer grip over speed though, but mainly looking for something that will last long and is good quality.
Old May 2, 2012, 08:04 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Try replacing the feet with sections cut from plastic guitar picks? Fixing worn out mouse feet.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

TBH I have no idea where you're getting this $20 figure from. If you don't mind less elegant solutions or third party solutions you can get replacement teflon feet for under $5 shipped worldwide from a variety of online stores.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:49 PM
Rookie

Amazon.com: Razer Imperator Mouse Feet: Computers & Accessories
Buy Razer Gaming Ultraslick Mouse Feet | Official Razer
basing it off these prices. i don't know about other options.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:14 PM

I have an original NAGA and I *LOVE* it. I have a hard time playing RPGs (or really any game that requires more than a few buttons)

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old May 3, 2012, 04:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The Razer Naga is a great MMO mouse, use it whenever I playing on a caster (find I play better melee classes going numpad)
Old May 3, 2012, 07:42 AM
Rookie

I have to agree about the Naga. If you want something specifically for mmos I dont think you can find anything better. Its also pretty easy to learn to use imo.
Old May 3, 2012, 08:01 PM
Rookie

Thanks, I think I'll get the Naga original or epic next time it goes on sale. Kind of wish NCIXUS had free shipping to Hawaii. Been limited to Amazon and Newegg thanks to that. Has anyone tried the Hex btw?
Old May 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Beware that Razer Nagas are known to start the double clicking bug on left click after a year of so. Its their marketing strategy of planned obsolete-ism. I had to buy 2 nagas over the course of 3 years.