Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13, 2012, 10:52 AM
Rookie

Default need mouse help.

ive got a few problems, and any and all advice will be appreciated.
im in need of a gaming mouse.
i live in PEI, and everything needs to be mailordered. means that i cant test things out before purchase.
im right handed, have a fairly big mitt, and ran it through a machine at work last year. have lost some feeling, and movement in my pinky, and middle finger, and had the first knuckle amputated on my ring finger.

im needing a heavy mouse, no buttons on the right side, and heavy clickables on the top left and right, just so i can feel what im doing with my ring finger.
looks dont matter, lights dont matter.

playing BF3, i think a 4-5 button mouse would be good.

these are the times i wished i lived in the GTA, or somewhere similar where i can test drive.

again, any advice here will be appreciated.
thanks,
Mike
Old April 13, 2012, 10:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIMike View Post
ive got a few problems, and any and all advice will be appreciated.
im in need of a gaming mouse.
i live in PEI, and everything needs to be mailordered. means that i cant test things out before purchase.
im right handed, have a fairly big mitt, and ran it through a machine at work last year. have lost some feeling, and movement in my pinky, and middle finger, and had the first knuckle amputated on my ring finger.

im needing a heavy mouse, no buttons on the right side, and heavy clickables on the top left and right, just so i can feel what im doing with my ring finger.
looks dont matter, lights dont matter.

playing BF3, i think a 4-5 button mouse would be good.

these are the times i wished i lived in the GTA, or somewhere similar where i can test drive.

again, any advice here will be appreciated.
thanks,
Mike
I have an old oscar X7 collecting dust, the grip is nearly worn off of the left,right click buttons, but it is yours for the price of shipping if you want it.
Old April 13, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rookie

thanks for the offer, and maybe should have specified....not looking for a hand out here, ive got a good job, just looking for advice on a purchase.

i do appreciate the offer though.
Old April 13, 2012, 12:44 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm thinking the Logitech G500 might work for you. No buttons on the right side, fairly large, adjustable weight.
Old April 13, 2012, 01:06 PM
Rookie

was looking at the G500....reviews are good.

how stiff are the left and right click?, im finding that my ring finger touches the right click on my standard mouse without me realizing, and i zoom.
Old April 13, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have a G500, you gotta put some force in to clicking, its not easy to accidently click. It also has adjustable weights so you can have it really light, or heavy. I love my g500.
Old April 13, 2012, 01:29 PM
Rookie

thanks alot people!
ill order the G500.
Old July 5, 2012, 01:17 PM
MVP

My System Specs

The G700 is the best one for playing games if you need a lot of button ,I had a M510 but with my new LG Plasma smart TV it would just dance accross the screen like it was loseing signal.I went with a corded mouse this time ,the G9x with a High DPI 5700DPI and 100 reports/sec and it is real smooth,I got it on sale for $45 ,I was going to get the G700 but was scared I night have problems ,more then likely would'nt have ,but when I found this one on sale I just got it and my mouse is'nt that far away from my computer to need a cordless.I also got the G110 gameing keyboard also from logitech because it had everthing I wanted ,it has a lighted keyboard and a high speed USP port at the back so I can just plug my mouse in to it.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular