Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2012, 11:45 AM
Top Prospect

Default Razer DeathAdder strange light bug

Hi all, I have a problem with my new Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi that I was hoping you could help me with.

See, the problem is that the light starts to act strangely. What happens is that unless all the lights are off, the mouse will complete a cycle (wheel stays lit, the logo will pulsate it should) but after each cycle when the logo is lit, both wheel and logo will blink just once and then the cycle will start over: cycle -> blink -> cycle -> blink etc.

I actually delivered the mouse back to the store and got a new one because I thought it was broken after 3 weeks, but now it happens again with my second DeathAdder. I've found out that it's a driver bug (I think) because if I remove or re-install the driver the light will act normally and then at some point act strangely again (if the drivers are installed).

I have set 2 profiles: #1 is normal and #2 is set with 3 macros. Both have Polling Rate 1000Hz and 1800dpi. I run windows vista 32 bit.

So hopefully you guys can help me out because it's rather annoying and I have no idea what is going on... :-/ Thanks a lot for any help!
Old April 11, 2012, 11:26 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Maybe it is because you unplugged your deathadder when your computer is running. Try plugging it out, turn off your com, plug back in & turn on your com.

My friend had this problem + glitchy cursor bug because he's a laptop user & often need to plug out the mice when the computer is running, but he found a way to fix it. So if my solution doesn't help, I'll ask for his.
Old April 11, 2012, 06:47 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Make sure you update the driver and firmware from http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...8&nav=0,76,168
Old April 15, 2012, 01:45 AM
Top Prospect

I might have acidently pushed the plug, ya. It haven't happened for a long time now but if it happens again I will try to do as you describe instead of reinstalling the drivers.

I have checked the drivers, they should be up to date. Thanks a lot! :-)