Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 17, 2012, 10:12 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirerogue View Post
since i actually own the black widow ultimate, i'd be more than happy to comment on it. this is also coming from someone who loves and owns a ton of corsair products.

individually back lit laser etched keys. awesome.

cherry blue switches. the ultimate edition's switches are selected for their tactile uniformity. the regular black widow's keys are not. every key has the exact same feel. awesome. i compared the razer blackwidow ultimate to the corsair k60 in the store and i liked the tactile feel of the razer better. the k60 seemed cheap in comparison.

weight. the thing is really heavy. you could seriously hurt somebody if you hit them in the face with this thing.

quality. i've had this thing for 4 months. perfect so far.

oh, and did i mention. you can actually type on this thing. the blue switches make an awesome crunching sound when your pounding away. i personally love it. not good if your trying to be quiet.
I don't intend to berate your post but these keyboards are generally not that great. They will be fine for a lot of people for sure, but know that there are much better options at this price point. See Blackwidow ultimate review - Page 2

Last edited by chel-; May 17, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:27 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel- View Post
I don't intend to berate your post but these keyboards are generally not that great. They will be fine for a lot of people for sure, but know that there are much better options at this price point. See Blackwidow ultimate review - Page 2
not sure why you would comment on something you don't personally own. just saying.

the thing you have to remember also, is most people only go online to comment about a product if they have a bad one.
Old May 17, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
not sure why you would comment on something you don't personally own. just saying.

the thing you have to remember also, is most people only go online to comment about a product if they have a bad one.
I wont buy razer because of customer service... my lycosa stops working every once in a while and razer wont replace it because it is still fully functional... tell my LoL team it is fully functional when it craps out in the middle of.a teamfight and i cant use any skills. I got a lemon and razer refuses to aknowledge it. Also the k60 using gaming switches and the blackwidow uses typing switches... of course the blackwidow is going to feel nicer typing.

I personally hate gaming on mechanical keyboards and i hate typing on load ones too so i usually avoid them all together.
Old May 17, 2012, 11:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
Also the k60 using gaming switches and the blackwidow uses typing switches... .
Old May 18, 2012, 02:50 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

whtas the difference other than what's inferred by the names??..
Old May 18, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
So you are clearly just trolling, you have called 1 person out in this thread and you are mocking me because you disagree yet you have yet to address the fact that Razer's QC and customer service is sub-par.

Fact: the K60's light pressure, non-tactile switch was made for gaming

Fact: the black widows more tactile higher pressure switch is preferred for typing.

I prefer silent light pressure switches because they feel like they respond more quickly and I can still hear my speakers when my APM gets over 60 which is all the time. Not everyone feels the same way but you don't have to mock me and not present any points because right now your posts are useless.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:32 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i am laughing because you continue to comment on things you do not own.

fact: simply repeating something you read elsewhere is hardly helpful.

as for your hurt feelings because razer didn't rma something for you. i see this all the time and yet we hardly ever hear the real story behind why they didn't rma it for you. apparently, large companies just randomly pick people out to not rma a product. i don't think so.

so now, you've made it your mission to talk smack on razer whenever possible because your feelings got hurt.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:42 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chel- View Post
The Black Widow will be alright if you must have something backlit, but don't expect great quality. If you don't need the the ligthing I'd personally go for one of the Corsair boards or better yet, a Filco once NCIX carries them. Even the Steelseries keyboards are great in terms of quality other than the keycaps. It depends on what features you want, the switches you prefer and if you like the looks.
Agreed on the mention of quality. This is precisely why I ended up selling my Black Widow Ultimate. My biggest complaint was that the keys would sometimes rub against each other (the space bar and alt key was really bad for this on my board). I've also used the Steelseries 6Gv2 (superb keyboard...just didn't like the odd layout) and currently have a custom WASD Keyboard (MX Red) and a Rosewill Mechanical at work and the build quality of these boards are leaps and bounds better than the BWU, IMO.

Last edited by francisw19; May 18, 2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old May 18, 2012, 09:54 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by francisw19 View Post
Agreed on the mention of quality. This is precisely why I ended up selling my Black Widow Ultimate. My biggest complaint was that the keys would sometimes rub against each other (the space bar and alt key was really bad for this on my board). I've also used the Steelseries 6Gv2 (superb keyboard...just didn't like the odd layout) and currently have a custom WASD Keyboard (MX Red) and a Rosewill Mechanical at work and the build quality of these boards are leaps and bounds better than the BWU, IMO.
now that's a helpful comment. thanks francis.