Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I've got the G500 now for about 6mon, pretty solid so far, the wheel spins nice with the right click, but middle clicking the wheel is stiff sometimes, feels like I'm gonna break it when trying to click it during frantic games.
Bought it to replace my old MX518 which still worked after years of abuse, sitting in the box beside me just in case the G500 dies :)
Must be just your mouse, my middle mouse click is nice and smooth :P
Old March 7, 2012, 04:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've owned 4 mice in the last 5 years: G9, Deathadder, Logitech Wireless VX and a Steelseries Xai. All of them have good scroll wheels, none of them have broken. The only mouse of the 4 that has issues was the left click on the G9 after heavy use. The Logitech VX was in my backpack for mylaptop. I dropped that thing so many times and it works great. The scroll wheel would come out of place, but I just popped it back in and it was fine. So in that regard, I can definitely recommend Logitech mice for that.
Old March 8, 2012, 05:09 AM
Rookie

Thanks for the input guys. So far the G500's looking good, though I can wait a few more days before finalizing a decision. I might have to take a stroll to a retailer and check out how that middle click feels to me. I also read somewhere of a Microsoft mouse that had a little bit of popularity. I don't remember the exact model number, but from what I understand, it's a cheaper option for gamers who don't need all the shiny features on gaming mice. I might put that one in my radar too if anyone knows what model that was.

I hope this thread helped others in the same boat as I am.
Old March 8, 2012, 06:17 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Must be just your mouse, my middle mouse click is nice and smooth :P
Something strange here, mine looks like the G500 but without the extra little button behind the wheel, and with only 2 thumb buttons, not 3 like in most pictures. Have to confirm what it is later tonight.
Old March 8, 2012, 06:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT! View Post
mx518, mine lasted 3 years with heavy use (4-5 hours day) playing cod4. about 4 months after the warranty was up the page button by the scroll wheel stopped working and logitech still replaced it, and i didnt have to send the old one in. bought a mx510 in 2004 and when the 518 came out i bought one, been using them since. logitech imo makes the best gaming mice.
Echo that. My wife and I have used the MX518 for over 5 years with no issues. Both of them are still running strong. Like the day we got them. Never had a problem with the scroll wheel.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old November 25, 2013, 05:33 PM
Allstar

I'm dissapointed in both my old g500 and the Corsair M60 that replaced it. Both mice' scroll wheel click's wore out in less than a year. Now it's far too easy to accidentally roll the wheel in game. Logitech replaced the 500 under warranty, but I'm very interested to hear if anyone has used better mice.
Old November 25, 2013, 05:54 PM
MVP

I've had scrollwheels on various Razer and Logitech mice (not that I'd recommend against these companies, they've made most of the mice with scrollwheels I've used, so it stands that I'd have the most failures with them) go wonky on me... not much that can be done about it other than exchange if it's under warranty or get a new mouse otherwise.

I've used several mice with touch scrolling, which probably won't break, but is awful at scrolling, especially in games.
Old February 8, 2014, 05:44 PM
Top Prospect

Been using a Razer DeathAdder for many years now and no issues with scroll wheel or buttons.
Old February 8, 2014, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

MX518 going 5 years strong.
Old April 18, 2014, 01:39 PM
Rookie

my m60 scroll wheel just broke after one year. I can still scroll with it but one side is broken so its tilted. Its too bad since i loved the weight and feel of the thing.