Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2012, 08:50 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Question Logitech G19 Keyboard for $149.99. Worth It?

Been following NCIX's sales ever since I built my first computer earlier this month. I've had the G19 keyboard on my radar, but there was no way in heck I was paying $250 for it. It's now on sale for $150.

My question: is it worth $150?

Of course, I already own a G15 rev2 that I had with my old computer, and I know it's more than good enough. This is purely a WANT and not a NEED.

Thoughts? If you own a G19, what do you think? All input is greatly appreciated!

-Chris
Old March 2, 2012, 09:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't say it's worth it since my needs may be different than yours.

At that price point I'd rather shell out the money for a mechanical keyboard instead. It's a much more noticeable improvement over the membrane keys found in the keyboards like the G15/19 and imo, more 'useful' than more macro keys or a fancy lcd display. I highly doubt your typing experience will be improved at all moving up to the next rev but just my 2 cents.

Old March 2, 2012, 10:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

The only real difference between the G-19 and the G-15 is the color LCD display. I had a G-15, sold it to try a couple other keyboards, and have had a G-19 for the last year and a bit (paid $179 at Boxing Day). Unless you want to watch movies on the little screen while doing something else, I'd say it's not worth it to change from a G-15. I missed my Coretemp being displayed on there, which is why I bought the G-19.

That being said, if I didn't own either would I pay $150 for the G-19 over $120 for the G510? Absolutely.
Old March 2, 2012, 11:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If I had the cash, I would get it.

I've loved all the Gseries from Logitech. Solid Keyboards.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old March 3, 2012, 08:33 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I love my g19. Especially the screen. You must, MUST install the LCD Host app from sirreal.

LCDHost | linkdata.se

I've tweaked it and here is my screen:

There is the date, then a CBC RSS news feed.

Ram usage, FPS, CPU mhz.

Temp of each cpu core,
Temp of each GPU core
% Usage of each gpu core.
Gpu clock and gpu mem usage.

Then graphs at the bottom for cpu and network usage.
Old March 3, 2012, 11:02 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Nice find! That's way better than the coretemp display.
Old March 3, 2012, 11:40 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I currently have a g15 gen 2 and it's been great for the 4+ years i've had it. That being said, i just ordered a new Corsair k90 to replace it. I've been wanting to change to a mechanical for a while and the Corsair is the only one out there that really met all my needs. As far as your question goes, is the g19 worth $150? Who's to say what something is worth to you, the person that will be using it. Something that is "worth" $150 to one person may be worth $0 to someone else. It's all relative really Logitech makes some great stuff, i wish they had a mechanical keyboard in the G series because i'd most certainly buy one.
Old March 3, 2012, 02:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

Sirreal's g15 is also just as amazing, but not as colourful... XD