Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21, 2012, 04:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Can't just use the 1/8" headphone jack and then record the audio on your PC?

I would say just try that cable from Monoprice. Obviously measure first to make sure you truly need 50ft, the less the better. It's only about $30 shipped though, so it won't be a huge loss if it doesn't work.
Old February 22, 2012, 02:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Can't just use the 1/8" headphone jack and then record the audio on your PC?

I would say just try that cable from Monoprice. Obviously measure first to make sure you truly need 50ft, the less the better. It's only about $30 shipped though, so it won't be a huge loss if it doesn't work.
Nah, because it isn't for recording. The amp actually has a computer-controllable software interface that connects via USB. I do have a 1/8" cable that I think would be long enough, however that isn't an issue if I run it straight across the room.

That's a good idea, let me see...

Okay, so I did a rough estimate using my instrument cable as a reference, and it works out to just over 35ft. Don't know if that changes things...
Old February 22, 2012, 03:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well maybe this shorter one would work: For only $7.28 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 33ft 10M USB 2.0 A Male to B Male Active Cable | USB 2.0 Cables - Regular Type Still has an active repeater in it, but since it's less distance, it has a higher chance of working without errors.

From the reviews on Monoprice, seems either cable should work fine. I say try it and see.
Old February 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Well maybe this shorter one would work: For only $7.28 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 33ft 10M USB 2.0 A Male to B Male Active Cable | USB 2.0 Cables - Regular Type Still has an active repeater in it, but since it's less distance, it has a higher chance of working without errors.

From the reviews on Monoprice, seems either cable should work fine. I say try it and see.
Er... I was excited about that until I looked at the link... it's an A to B USB, and I need a Mini-USB to USB. But Now I at least know what to look for where, thanks guys.