Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2012, 09:01 PM
Rookie

Default SOLVED: USB Port Issues

I've run into some problems with my keyboard and mouse randomly disconnecting and reconnecting lately. I thought it might be the keyboard I bought recently, which I returned since I didn't like it much anyway. I also have a mouse that has been failing anyway, so those were my initial guesses - faulty peripherals.

Unfortunately, I have different ones connected and I'm getting the same errors. I think it might be the ports, or something. I've used the frontal ports on the tower and the rear mobo ones, with the same results. Are there any tests I can run or anything I can check to see what is up?

Last edited by Valneroth; April 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old April 5, 2012, 10:34 AM
Rookie

I've heard some devices have a sleep "feature" on the USB ports. What mobo/computer are you using?

Sold:
Phenom X4 960T on HWC
PNY GTX 770 on CL
Old April 6, 2012, 10:42 AM
Rookie

CLOSED

Oh man, I forgot to close this thing up. It turns out that the mouse I was using, which was disconnecting frequently due to a faulty cable, was causing the ports to start going screwy because of all the reconnecting that was occurring. Since I've replaced my mouse, I've had no issues.