Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

View Poll Results: Which keyboard should I get?
RAZER BlackWidow Ultimate Battlefield 3 Edition 2 9.52%
Corsair Vengeance K60 10 47.62%
Keep Existing Keyboard 0 0%
Other (Please specify and clarify reasons below) 6 28.57%
No Opinion 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 2, 2012, 08:54 PM
Rookie

Default Keyboard Decision

Hello! This thread is similar to my case thread, except this time its about keyboards... Basically I'm trying to decide between a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition, or a Corsair K60, and I need input, being, which one is better for gaming (mostly fps) and normal typing, which one is better for the price, and whether the Razer one is just "better" because of the pedigree of Razer. ATM I have a logitech wireless mouse and keyboard... decent enough but still...
Old February 2, 2012, 09:57 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

razor keyboard longterm quality has dissapointed me. dunno about corsair. why not continue with logitech and get a G series?
Old February 2, 2012, 10:04 PM
Rookie

TBH I hadn't heard anything about Logitech being a good gaming keyboard... Especially the G series... I assume by the recommendation that it's pretty good? I had heard that mechanical keyboards are best for gaming... so I was kinda looking for that, but if its not needed, then I guess it can be left out... along with backlighting, but it would be nice to have ^_^

Last edited by playful1510; February 3, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old February 3, 2012, 06:17 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I've had my BW ultimate for over a year now, no complaints, and the keys are still just as good (and clicky) as day one.
Old February 3, 2012, 07:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Yeah 100% go mechanical of some brand. The build quality of the cherry microswitches is top notch, and a unique experience all on its own. You may even sleep with your keyboard you love it so much.

Old February 7, 2012, 01:04 PM
Rookie

I've tried the Cherry MX blues of the Razer and didn't really like them since the large difference in force required to move the key past its' "tactile" point meant that it was impossible to avoid bottoming-out the keys. Cherry switches actuate at 2mm of travel but the key will continue for another 2mm after this point and because of this, I find I can type faster on a "linear" switch (blacks, reds) by depressing them only to their actuation point and then releasing.
Old February 7, 2012, 05:53 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have the k60 and I love it, red switches are awesome! Then again, that is my own personal preference. Also, Corsair has much better build quality than Razer, as mentioned.
Old February 7, 2012, 08:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I voted italics.... Errrr wait!

I picked the Corsair because the Mx Red switches are a great dual purpose typing and gaming switch. The blacks are great for gaming, but typing can be a bit more of a pain if you are a touch typer due to the slightly higher resistance and those "outlying" keys can cause a bit more strain if typing over time.

I love mechanical. I have the BF3 edition and while good, the bottoming out noise is a bit higher. Right now I'm using a white alps/fukkas switch based keyboard from SolidTek (KB-660U) that I love. These are similar, though slightly quieter than the Cherry MX blues with a slightly less sharp noise though similar feel. No back-light but so far I'm liking this a bit more.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732

Last edited by 10e; February 7, 2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old February 8, 2012, 01:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Das keyboards. I enjoy it for just about everything. Their only downside - no macro for gaming. (Personally I never use it anyway)
Das Keyboard - Keyboards and Keyboard Accessories
Old February 8, 2012, 08:00 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I like my K60 as well. I've had it since Christmas. Didn't take long to get accustomed to it thankfully. Though I do find the odd time I end up inadvertently having repeat key strokes or accidentally hitting backspace or caps lock (never used to).

At the same time though, I haven't had to type any major pieces of work since I graduated school before Christmas, so it's mainly just been forum posts and IM's.

Tags
decision , input , keyboard , opinions