Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 13, 2012, 09:12 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default The R.A.T 7

I'm considering this mouse to replace my old Sidewinder (with it's worn out scroll wheel mechanism), and it looks very good to me. I prefer a mouse which is heavy and big, does anyone here have any experience with it? Comfort, build quality etc.

Thanks in advance :)
Old January 24, 2012, 08:00 AM
Rookie

I have it, switch from my old logitech g5 when these were first released.

I absolutely love it, once you get it customized to your own hand it is very hard to use any other mouse. It is very comfortable, has really good precision, and looks really cool when sitting on your desk.

I would recommend these for anyone who is willing to spend the extra money on them
Old January 25, 2012, 02:22 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

How does it compares (say with your G5) in terms of it's height? The only thing which is not customizable..
And thanks for the info!
Old February 23, 2012, 09:41 AM
Rookie

I'm actually looking into buying the Cyborg R.A.T. 7 or the MMO version. My current mouse, logitech G9x, craps out on me now. My first logitech was the MX518 which was a beauty for a good year until I broke it due to aggravation from competitive FPS gaming. Then I bought the G500 which lasted another good year until it became defective by randomly shutting on and off on its own. Lastly the G9x, which is currently doing the same thing my previous mouse did and Logitech fails to actually solve the problem. That will be the last time I ever buy a mouse from Logitech again. Now on to something better.
Old February 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Bought one in the fall, it rocks, but is kind of fragile, dropped mine about 2 feet once from a coffee table at a LAN, and had to superglue a couple of the pads because it broke.
Old April 7, 2012, 12:28 AM
Rookie

Every time I see the R.A.T mouse I want to buy it for some reason. I have the naga epic but I'm finding myself not really using the buttons on the side beyond one or two of them. I've heard such mixed results about the RAT though. Seems like a love or hate mouse.
Old May 2, 2013, 04:59 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
How does it compares (say with your G5) in terms of it's height? The only thing which is not customizable..
And thanks for the info!
+1

I'm looking for a low-profile mouse that doesn't bend the wrist up
Old May 2, 2013, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

As far as I know the "heel" is switchable between different pieces..

Only ever tried one in a shop and have to say I had to restrain myself from buying it there and then (local outlet of a franchise computer shop, grossly overpriced)

Have also heard they are fragile.... while the aluminium chassis is strong and sturdy, if it's jarred at the wrong angle they can warp from a relatively small drop
Old May 2, 2013, 10:04 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I wouldn't recommend them, the switches are prone to failure.

My uncle went through two, one died on me. The software isn't great either.

Old May 2, 2013, 04:27 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I used one for about a year. It looks boss! It tracks well and I found myself using the "headshot" button a lot in fps games.

On the flip side, no matter how I adjusted it I just didn't find it to be overly comfortable for long term use. That's just a matter of preference though. The quality seemed rather poor to me and I had several buttons that would stick from time to time and eventually right click quit working. I also didn't like the feel of the scroll wheel. Again a preference thing. Software worked, but was a bit buggy back when I was using it.

I am currently using a G9X and love it. I seem to have the opposite experience as musashidan in that I can't recall the last Logitech device that died on me and I have quite a few.
Server - i5 3450, Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe, 4GB DDR3, LSI MegaRAID 9240-8I, OCZ Vertex 4 120GB, 2x SG Barracuda 3TB(RAID1), 2x WD green 2TB(RAID1), Fractal Design Array R2, WHS 2011