Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2012, 02:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Logitech G35 headset

Anyone have experience with a G35 headset? Have a few friends that seem to like it but I have read reviews that say the build quality is crappy. Although some other reviews seem to think its great.
Old January 6, 2012, 09:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's a really good headset for USB. The directional audio is quite good, but sounds tinny. You get used to that and it becomes pretty useful. The sound quality is decent enough and the mic is great. I've always had a problem with quiet mics on analogue so that's why I opted for the G35. I got a refurbished one at Canada Computers and I don't see any problems with build quality. Quite a few of the guys I play with have one and I haven't heard any complaints. My only gripe is that they are not the most comfortable headset if you have a big head. They have a tendency to bend inwards on your head a bit too snug.
Old January 7, 2012, 02:03 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
It's a really good headset for USB. The directional audio is quite good, but sounds tinny. You get used to that and it becomes pretty useful. The sound quality is decent enough and the mic is great. I've always had a problem with quiet mics on analogue so that's why I opted for the G35. I got a refurbished one at Canada Computers and I don't see any problems with build quality. Quite a few of the guys I play with have one and I haven't heard any complaints. My only gripe is that they are not the most comfortable headset if you have a big head. They have a tendency to bend inwards on your head a bit too snug.
It is only for consoles right?
Can you get the PC to output sound through USB?
Old January 7, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's only for PC.
Old January 7, 2012, 03:17 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Thanks for the info I think ill pick one up
Old January 7, 2012, 09:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There is a console variant of it, but yes the G35 is PC only.