Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Help me choose ONE of these Four~ (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/50113-help-me-choose-one-these-four.html)

DMCdejavu January 5, 2012 06:29 AM

Help me choose ONE of these Four~

Hi guys! As my previous wireless KB + mouse combo has died, I've switched back to my old kb & mouse. I can live with my mouse but not with my ancient KB that isn't built for gaming.
I NEED you opinions before I buy any of those below and I'm open for other suggestions. Just post whatever you feel is the best or what you know about these product. Try to vote only for 1, since I'm facing a dilemma here..

Here are some of the ones I'm interested in:
Things that are important:
  • Anti-Ghosting
  • Durable, 2years at least.

What do I use my KB for:
  1. RTS(Starcraft II, League of Legends), FPS & other RPG/Action games (skyrim, SF4 & arkham city)
  2. Programming
  3. Normal surfing & stuffs

martin_metal_88 January 5, 2012 07:13 AM

This is a personnal opinion based on my own experiment but if you want it to last delete razer from your list.
I would go for the G510 unless you like the side gamesection of the merc but you are probably used a lot to the standard playing keyboard.

DMCdejavu January 5, 2012 07:38 AM

Thanks mate! I'm surprised razer isn't built to last since it was used in my local LAN gaming shop. Nonetheless all options have their own pros and cons. The monitor is a really cool add-on though ^^

dustin1706 January 5, 2012 09:11 PM

From that list I'd go 510 for sure. I actually prefer the feel of the G110, the 510 LCD and multicolor LEDs are cool, but ban for your buck grab a G110.

Soultribunal January 6, 2012 05:55 AM

I think my G110 is offically 1 1/2 years old now and it is still going perfectly. I game...quite a bit on it and it has yet to wear anything out.

So for bang for your buck I agree with the Above that the G110 will work.
But if you want the extra 'cool' factor opt for the G510 instead (I will be getting one myself sometime in the spring).

-ST

DMCdejavu January 6, 2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustin1706 (Post 587060)
From that list I'd go 510 for sure. I actually prefer the feel of the G110, the 510 LCD and multicolor LEDs are cool, but ban for your buck grab a G110.

Thanks! Logitech it is!:clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soultribunal (Post 587167)
I think my G110 is offically 1 1/2 years old now and it is still going perfectly. I game...quite a bit on it and it has yet to wear anything out.

So for bang for your buck I agree with the Above that the G110 will work.
But if you want the extra 'cool' factor opt for the G510 instead (I will be getting one myself sometime in the spring).

-ST

My friend had a G15, he said it lasted him more than 2years. So I'm pretty convinced right now that Logitech will be the right choice. :thumb:

mo' power January 10, 2012 12:12 AM

I've used the merc stealth before and loved it. I'm currently using the G510 and it's a great keyboard.