Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Good wireless mouse

I'm looking for a mouse to use with a laptop and I could use some suggestions.

I'm currently using a MX518 on my pc and quite like it I also have a small tiny wireless mouse from logitech. I'm looking for something preferably with the back and forward buttons the mx518 has, good sensitivity any maybe a bit bigger than my mini mouse but not as big as the mx518. Preferably it would also have the mini receiver my mini mouse has so it can just stay there even in transport. And finally price is as always an issue.

That sounds rather demanding now that I look at it. Really I could live with the mini one for the most part it just lacks in sensitivity and the number of buttons.
Old December 30, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I'm looking for a mouse to use with a laptop and I could use some suggestions.

I'm currently using a MX518 on my pc and quite like it I also have a small tiny wireless mouse from logitech. I'm looking for something preferably with the back and forward buttons the mx518 has, good sensitivity any maybe a bit bigger than my mini mouse but not as big as the mx518. Preferably it would also have the mini receiver my mini mouse has so it can just stay there even in transport. And finally price is as always an issue.

That sounds rather demanding now that I look at it. Really I could live with the mini one for the most part it just lacks in sensitivity and the number of buttons.
There are only a few wireless gaming mice that are any good and don't have some input lag. The G700 is a good one and isn't stupid expensive like the Razer Mamba.
Old December 30, 2011, 07:05 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

why do you want wireless? most mice have long enough cords that it doesn't really matter if you're using it on the same surface as your laptop/desktop. I have a razer mamba, if I did it again I'd probably just pick up the deathadder or some other much cheaper mouse that was wired.
Old December 30, 2011, 07:15 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anywhere MX. She is small, good on batt life, use the unifying receiver and pretty comfy for a small mouse.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old December 30, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

well the reason I want wireless is due to me just not wanting to have to plug it I'm everytime I want to use it basically. But considering the cost o may very well end up looking at wired alternatives

EDIT: The anywhere mouse seems to be pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. And price isnt too bad either, 50 I can live with I think. But for some reason I cannot find any mention of its DPI. So i'm just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this mouse and how it tracks. I'm also curious as to how it is for gaming (aka lag) and any problems that may be caused by it being at 2.5GHz.

Last edited by muse108dc; December 31, 2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old December 31, 2011, 04:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think the "Anything" is a great mouse in the fact that it does track on pretty much anything. However, I've never heard whether it has any input delay or higher DPI. The only mice like that I can name are the G700 or the Mamba.

If you want a gaming mouse AND wireless, expect to pay. If you want to pay less you can choose one of the two, wireless or gaming.

I suggest you buy from FS/BB and pricematch somewhere, return it if you don't like it.

I still think the G700 is your best bet. It was on sale for $50-60 during some boxing dale sales at BB.
Old December 31, 2011, 08:22 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Can G700 work in Linux, i.e., does it comes with drivers for linux?
Old December 31, 2011, 09:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I personally use this mouse at work on my lappy : MICROSOFT CORPORATION Wireless Mobile Mouse 6000 with BlueTrack Technology - Black : Desktop Accessories | Dell Canada

They are often at 19.99$ on Dell website. I bought one for my mom 2 days ago at 19.99$. It seems to be back at 55$ :(

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old December 31, 2011, 09:56 AM
MVP

My System Specs

This one is 1000 dpi while the G700 is 5700 dpi which is more suitable for graphic or photo editing work.

G700 is on sale at BB now. Just ordered one.

Last edited by Chris; December 31, 2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old December 31, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

After much consideration I have gone with the G700 at BestBuy, 10 bucks more than the anywhere sounds like it will be worth it. The sad thing is my laptop mouse is now going to have more buttons and a higher sensitivity than my pc's.