Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 27, 2011, 07:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Game branded mice = good?

I've never had a gaming mouse, and my current Logitech M100 is now double clicking on a single click on occasion.

I'm looking at the Diablo III mouse

Steelseries Limited Edition Diablo III Mouse - Steelseries - 62151

Question:

Is it worthwhile? or should I stick to the standard lineup that this mouse seems to be based on?

The advertising claims that Steelseries and Blizzard got together to work on this design to fit the game well, is that all marketing speak, or real? (I do intend to play Diablo III) The Diablo branding is something I really don't care much about, but given that I do like Blizzard and Diablo, the branding is also not a turnoff. If the mouse really does last a long time over lots of clicking, more so than other mice, I want it.

I was also thinking about Logitech G400 or G500.
Old December 27, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

All marketing talk. If you like the game and like having the special branded lighting go ahead and buy it.

Double click issues with older mice typically means the mouse switches are worn down. Logitech and most peripheral companies typically use higher end Omron switches which have springs that can be bent back to "fix" the issue and make the mouse last a good while longer.
Old December 27, 2011, 07:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It looks like it's a Xai without the LCD screen on the bottom. If you like the shape and branding, it should be a decent mouse.

I own a G500, it's been my daily gamer for about 18 months. They're a good mouse too.
Old December 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Take a look at the mouse first, before the branding. If it's a decent mouse and they haven't lost any quality in the translation, and you like the branding, then why not. Otherwise, get the standard version or look elsewhere.
Old December 28, 2011, 08:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It looks like it's a Xai without the LCD screen on the bottom. If you like the shape and branding, it should be a decent mouse.

I own a G500, it's been my daily gamer for about 18 months. They're a good mouse too.
I have the same mouse good mouse almost the same as my favorite mx518 optical mouse. the only thing I usually worry about on Mice or Mouses ( not sure what to call more then one mouse lol) is that it fits my big hand and also that my thumb buttons are easy to access other then that most of the mouse talk is just talk. my old mx518 mouse I had was the best mouse I ever own also I was able to make a config for it ( with the help of people from other web sites)