Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 22, 2011, 09:25 PM
Question Intel WiDi or Veebeam VB002

Which one of these wireless display technologies is better?

I know that for WiDi you need a laptop that supports Intel's wireless display technology but for the Veebeam it uses a usb stick and I think you can use any video card your laptop has. But as far as performance I don't know.
Old December 22, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Veebeam sucks ass. Its not the tech that blows...its the software. When I had one you could either A) use a 1080 capable rig and mirror it from the monitor to your TV....or b) use the software and get ZERO options on sound, subtitles or anything like that.

To be fair I havent used the V002, but unless they did a major overhaul...meh. YMMV
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 23, 2011, 06:40 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie

My System Specs

What about the Wicast? I sold one to a customer, worked great. Now, if one can be found is another story...
ASUS Commercial Products | WICAST
Hydro-Quebec is salivating...