Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2011, 09:24 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default SteelSeries Sensei Gaming Mouse Review Comment Thread

Gaming mice are a dime a dozen these days so SteelSeries has decided to introduce a product that moves away from their traditional understated design towards something a bit more mainstream. The new Sensei incorporates the ambidextrous form of the popular Xai while adding some unique illumination zones and upgraded software.

Read more here: SteelSeries Sensei Gaming Mouse Review
Old December 11, 2011, 09:38 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Cool review, I always love when there is a lot of customizable options with mice. Espically with colours,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old December 11, 2011, 10:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

AkG, you mention in the conclusion that you think there are better mice out there for the same price range. Care to name names?
Old December 11, 2011, 11:09 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I've been pondering getting one of these, so thanks for the review.

One question. I know that on the Xai the CPI toggle was permanently set as the button south of the scroll wheel and could not be remapped. Is the same true of the Sensei?
Old December 12, 2011, 01:43 AM
Allstar

After using the Sensei since it came out and many mice before it from Razer and Logitech, I can say that the control and precision is phenomenal and without equal when it comes to playing if customized to suit your game, be it accurate and fast pointing in RTS , aiming anywhere effortlessly in FPS or smooth and mellow navigation in RPG.

If I was picky, the con would be one mouse for right and left handed players. Meaning you can only use two of the four side buttons depending on which hand you use, so the shape isn't ergonomic as some other high-end mice that cater specifically either right or left handed players.

The good thing is that this issue hasn't affected my grip because the combination of the mouse's large size and side rubber grips means I can hold it firmly with my thumb and little finger with my palm flat and rested. That's the proper way of holding it. ('s what she said). The reviewer's comment about how slippery the grip is means to me that your hand might be too small to get your thumb and little pinky around it, (damn that's what she said too) so you're forced to grip it from the top. (Ok enough)
Old December 14, 2011, 07:08 AM
Trial Member

Default Hi I think you're wrong

At the point:)
Old December 14, 2011, 02:50 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I have very large hands but for reviews I use all three std hand grips to get a feel / test for as broad a range of people's needs as possible. Everybody is different and so too is everyone's hands. This is a mouse that (IMHO) you will either love or hate with very few if any falling into the "meh" category. Before anyone buys it I would recommend they hold it and see if they like it and see if they find it slippery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luay79 View Post
After using the Sensei since it came out and many mice before it from Razer and Logitech, I can say that the control and precision is phenomenal and without equal when it comes to playing if customized to suit your game, be it accurate and fast pointing in RTS , aiming anywhere effortlessly in FPS or smooth and mellow navigation in RPG.

If I was picky, the con would be one mouse for right and left handed players. Meaning you can only use two of the four side buttons depending on which hand you use, so the shape isn't ergonomic as some other high-end mice that cater specifically either right or left handed players.

The good thing is that this issue hasn't affected my grip because the combination of the mouse's large size and side rubber grips means I can hold it firmly with my thumb and little finger with my palm flat and rested. That's the proper way of holding it. ('s what she said). The reviewer's comment about how slippery the grip is means to me that your hand might be too small to get your thumb and little pinky around it, (damn that's what she said too) so you're forced to grip it from the top. (Ok enough)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arundor View Post
I've been pondering getting one of these, so thanks for the review.

One question. I know that on the Xai the CPI toggle was permanently set as the button south of the scroll wheel and could not be remapped. Is the same true of the Sensei?
Good question. I honestly do not remember it being mapable...but I can NOT say with 100% assurance that it is not....just 99.44%. Sorry.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old December 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It does feel like a SS Ikari with a different shell and updated sensor...and my experience with the ikari is that the DPI switch button is not mappable.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W