Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Corsair k90 availability (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/49078-corsair-k90-availability.html)

kazenagi December 3, 2011 11:21 PM

Corsair k90 availability

Anyone have a clue where these keyboards are in stock?

ilya December 4, 2011 06:38 AM

They're still shipping to retailers, the only one that has a release date is Newegg (.com not .ca) and that's Dec 9th.

bigFOIG December 6, 2011 04:26 PM

i'm interested in when NCIX will have these in stock. maybe Linus knows... :P he already has one actually! such a nice keyboard by the way :thumb:

qaz393 December 11, 2011 10:33 PM

i would not get. not a full mechanical keyboard. more like a hybrid....... very bad advertising of the truth from corsair. read some threads from another forum and many people were attacking the keyboard as well as corsair for not telling directly that this keyboard is hybrid.

kongfoo911 December 13, 2011 07:53 AM

Just received a notice from NCIX that they have it in stock.

qaz393 December 13, 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kongfoo911 (Post 579412)
Just received a notice from NCIX that they have it in stock.

tempting but not buying into the hybrid keyboard that they do not call hybrid.

Prolab December 13, 2011 03:29 PM

Im just curious - the KB is crap because the F1-F12, del, ins, etc keys arent mechanical switches?

Personally, i cant think of any game that i had to use F1-F12 keys extensively for them requiring mechanical keys.

Although, i think the KB should be price cheaper than the $109 price point. There are other "full" mechanical KB that are $89+.

qaz393 December 13, 2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prolab (Post 579561)
Im just curious - the KB is crap because the F1-F12, del, ins, etc keys arent mechanical switches?

Personally, i cant think of any game that i had to use F1-F12 keys extensively for them requiring mechanical keys.

Although, i think the KB should be price cheaper than the $109 price point. There are other "full" mechanical KB that are $89+.

you forgot the escape key as well as the macro keys. i just do not liike how they are marketing their keyboard as a mechanical will little to no warning about the rubber domed keys. they make an excuse "harder to accidentally hit those keys" as a defense. i am not the only one that feels this way. feel free to read this thread that contains more opinion.

i LOL at corsair defense.

look at post 10,15,16,17,25. better to read whole thread....

Corsair K90 Keyboard Release ?

Blog - Vengeance Gaming Keyboard Keyswitch Technology

notice how they say prevent accidentally pressing key type by using rubber dome. Are they saying that the red switch are garbage and if you try to type an essay, you will be typing multiple letters accidentally?? its just a gay coverup for them cheaping out and trying to maximize profits

bigFOIG December 13, 2011 07:13 PM

k90 is available at ncix now if anyone was interested