Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5, 2008, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Logitech MX400 on a Mac: It works awesome!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...s/191&cl=ca,en

Just got a Logitech MX400 for my G5 PPC. All I can say is WOW it's about frickin time! I have been using some POS 2 button thing for like 4 years on this machine.

Not only does Logitech provide you with the Logitech Control Center for Mac OS X (you have to download it, it's not on the disc) but the mouse feels really nice to boot. I have a Razer Deathadder at home. The MX400 is more "ergo" shaped for right handed mousers and quite large. It kind of forces me to use it differently than I am used to using mice. Usually I move it with my fingers but this mouse wants me to rest my hand on it and move from my elbow. Can't say I mind too much ...it may save me from carpal tunnel and give me tennis elbow instead?

The software lets you customize what the buttons do, scroll speeds, acceleration etc... I went with mostly defaults except:

Show desktop w/wheel button (boy this is handy on a Mac when you have 7-10 apps and numerous windows open)
Maxed wheel scroll speed and acceleration

All in all if you are on a Mac and need a new mouse I highly recommend the MX400. I got it for about $30 CAD from some online retailer in Canada after checking shopbot for deals. Not bad considering it's MSRP at $70 CAD.

Rating 10/10

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE