Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 24, 2011, 09:09 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default Odd question

I had my phone in my hand and was holding it about 1-2 inches above my mouse when I dropped it directly on to the mouse wheel. Now my mouse wheel won't scroll pages in any program but I can hold it down to get the fast scroll. I have a Logitech G500 mouse which has a togglable notched/unnotched mouse wheel.

So did I break it? Is there anyway to get the mouse wheel scrolling again? Its been driving me nuts whiling browsing websites.
Old November 24, 2011, 10:44 AM
MVP

Does it feel like it got dislodged internally?

If it's still under warranty I might just try an RMA. Otherwise I'd probably disassemble it to see if something's out of place, with the expectation of buying a new mouse if I either was unable to fix it, or broke it further while disassembling.

I've had scroll wheels on several mice stop registering scrolling correctly, never actually been able to fix them, usually I just toss the mouse and get a new one.
Old November 24, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know of some mice that have a click setting that you can push on the mouse3 button ( scroll) and it changes it
Old November 24, 2011, 04:14 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

It does not fell like anything is dislodged. I thought too maybe there was something I pressed but I have tried everything I can think of. I have found that if I press the scroll wheel down once I get that scrolling where I can move the mouse to scroll the page however if I press it a second time and hold it down my scroll wheel works. Hopefully this maybe be a clue as to what is wrong but I'm thinking I might be in the mouse market now.

I would take it apart if I could even figure out how to get it apart. I don't see any parts that will separate.