Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Gaming Headset (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/47792-gaming-headset.html)

Meta|Gear October 30, 2011 04:18 PM

Gaming Headset

My sound blaster arenas broke so I need a new pair and I have narrowed it down to three. Feel free to mention any other set as long as they're within a reasonable price range.

I plan on using them mostly for games and movies and occasionally for music.

Razer Carcharias - Cheapest of the 3 but lots of user complaining of poor build quality and customer service.
Cooler Master Storm Sirus - Reviews are quite favorable but to me they seem a tad costly, for an extra $20 I could get the wireless G930.
Logitech G930 - Favorable reviews, Wireless. On the bad side they're expensive and would require recharging fairly often (I game for extended periods) also according to user reviews they appear to have driver issues.

I'm actually really torn on what to get. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to drop $120+ on a headset. Anyone have any experience with the Carcharias?

Spikemaul October 30, 2011 04:26 PM

Personally I would go with the CM Sirus. I'm buying myself them next pay day.

Slik November 8, 2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spikemaul (Post 562760)
Personally I would go with the CM Sirus. I'm buying myself them next pay day.

I don't know if the op got a set of cans,but I agree with you 100%. I also have a set of the CM sirus cans and out of the three he mentioned,CM Sirus wins hands down. You get both USB AND analog connections. Let us know what you think when you get them. These headphones are priced right for gamers,but not too many people have heard of them. Yet.

LordPraetox November 8, 2011 11:36 AM

I have a Carcharias headset and I love it. Sound quality (in my opinion) and comfort are superb

dandelioneater November 8, 2011 11:45 AM

I've heard good things about the CM Sirus. The only razer product that i bought that has worked at all is my achesis mouse. My experience with razer keyboards and headsets has been pretty bad.

LordPraetox November 8, 2011 11:47 AM

@dandelioneater: I'm almost afraid to ask what happened. Sugar coat as much as possible for my innocent soul :p

Liu Kang November 8, 2011 11:49 AM

I broke my budget last time I needed a headset when I went with the Sennheiser PC350 - simply the most comfortable gaming headphones I've ever owned... they pretty beat up now, so I just ordered the PC360s.

If you have some extra coin and wear headphones as long as I do, you won't regret the purchase.

terrybear November 8, 2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liu Kang (Post 566422)
I broke my budget last time I needed a headset when I went with the Sennheiser PC350 - simply the most comfortable gaming headphones I've ever owned... they pretty beat up now, so I just ordered the PC360s.

If you have some extra coin and wear headphones as long as I do, you won't regret the purchase.

+1000!!!

PC350's can still be had for cheap, also ones past warrenty can be modded to be more like the current high standards ones or aka HD555's.

IF you needed a pci-e soundcard the Asus package with the Sonar card + PC350's is a pretty good deal @ $299 before price matching as the soundcards 1 of the top ones & in the $200 + the cans going for at least $125+.

Actualy ncix has pc330's on for $129 till the 9th Also comes with a $20 gift card too!! :thumb:: NCIX.com - Buy Sennheiser PC330 G4ME Gaming Stereo Headset 14-22000HZ 32OHMS 10FT BLK/SLVR W/ Noise Canceling Mic - Sennheiser Electronics - 5041212 - in Canada

Liu Kang November 13, 2011 05:57 AM

Some good deals on sennheisers at NCIX right now, including $70 off the PC360s ($229 instead of $299).

dustin1706 November 13, 2011 11:03 AM

I am using PC360s and absolutely love them. I run them through an asus xonar essence stx and it is by far the best sound I've ever had from any PC setup. They are the first open headphones I've tried and I think I'm hooked now.

I got them on sale at ncix for $200 though.