Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2011, 10:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Motherboard manufacturer's will list which chip they use in the specifications.

If your buying a card though, you can look at photos of the card, or find the drivers for it to determine what it uses. Sometimes it's listed in the specs too.
Thanks.

Many of these USB 3.0 cards (e.g. PCI-e) on ebay have the chipset listed. If one can believe that the sellers are providing accurate and correct info.... :-{ hmmmmmmmmm........

They go for about $13 so maybe worth the risk? Might be the route I'd go... lots of them seem to be NEC chipset. Is there mostly just one version of the NEC chipset. That's probably the only thing left to confirm besides how well it works.
Old October 9, 2011, 07:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
They go for about $13 so maybe worth the risk? Might be the route I'd go... lots of them seem to be NEC chipset. Is there mostly just one version of the NEC chipset. That's probably the only thing left to confirm besides how well it works.
Not sure to be honest...

This is the one on my EVGA card: