Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 15, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Epson CX7800 Doesn't Print. Is it Dead?

I have a fairly old Epson CX7800 printer and I can't for the life of me get it to print anymore. At first I thought it was clogged so I ran head cleaning a couple times and it didn't change anything. Changing the black cartridge to a new refillable one doesn't work either. I used 70% alcohol and wiped everything down the best as I can and it still doesn't print. I replaced all the ink cartridges with the refillable and still no luck. I guess it's time for a new printer?
Old September 16, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Could it be driver related? I've reinstalled printer drivers/software before and that has cleared up my issues.
Old September 16, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioneater View Post
Could it be driver related? I've reinstalled printer drivers/software before and that has cleared up my issues.
I don't think so. I just tried scanning and printing things and still no luck with the printer unplugged so there's no drivers involved. Only thing I got out of the printer is some lines of blue. No black or yellow or magenta. There's ink in those refillable cartridges as well.
Old September 20, 2011, 08:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Is it possible to use my 4 coloured ink with another printer? I plan on getting another inkjet that can also install refillable cartridges.
Old September 20, 2011, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Is it possible to use my 4 coloured ink with another printer? I plan on getting another inkjet that can also install refillable cartridges.
you would have to check the compatibility of the printers.
Old September 21, 2011, 06:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So cyan for say my current CX7800 and cyan that comes with the new printer aren't the same?