Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Which mice to get? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/46204-mice-get.html)

martin_metal_88 September 4, 2011 05:30 PM

Which mice to get?

My beloved G5 just byte the dust, so now I need a new mice. I would love to keep the cost reasonable. I was already looking at the RAT3 and the Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Zero-G but I can;t decide which to get. I would like you guys to tell me your choice ( under 70 if possible ) and tell me why! so I can look at many different model and finally get a new one!

ilya September 4, 2011 05:56 PM

The G500 can be PMed at NCIX for $50 and it's often on sale for $40-$50.

If you want something cheaper, the CM Spawn is a VERY nice mouse for ~$30. Unless you have to palm grip and you have giant hands.

zsamz_ September 4, 2011 05:56 PM

tought to replace the feel of the g5

i love my g9
loved my g5 till it crapped out lol

got a g500 to replace my g5 from rma n i dont like it

you should try that hp mouse ncix has on sale for 20$
its not bad

Supergrover September 4, 2011 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 546726)
My beloved G5 just byte the dust, so now I need a new mice. I would love to keep the cost reasonable. I was already looking at the RAT3 and the Coolermaster Storm Sentinel Zero-G but I can;t decide which to get. I would like you guys to tell me your choice ( under 70 if possible ) and tell me why! so I can look at many different model and finally get a new one!

I have to say that the issues I had with the original Sentinel , lift off, sensor settings never sticking, were fixed with the Zero-G.
It is a damn comfy mouse (for me anyways everybody is different) large and palm on. Only thing I wish is that it had a pinky rest.

martin_metal_88 September 4, 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 546734)
I have to say that the issues I had with the original Sentinel , lift off, sensor settings never sticking, were fixed with the Zero-G.
It is a damn comfy mouse (for me anyways everybody is different) large and palm on. Only thing I wish is that it had a pinky rest.

I read somewhere that the zero-G can't scroll horizontally, is that true?

Supergrover September 4, 2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 546735)
I read somewhere that the zero-G can't scroll horizontally, is that true?

Scrolls fine either way, vertically or horizontally.

martin_metal_88 September 4, 2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supergrover (Post 546736)
Scrolls fine either way, vertically or horizontally.

Good it's now sitting on the top of my list!
Got a G500 few month ago and I ended selling it to zach, tryed it for like. 1 min and can't stand it at all. Feel to cheap for me compare to my G5

Andy September 4, 2011 06:26 PM

G700 fan here. Took a lot of getting used to but I love it now. Having the corded and wireless option is nice. The only downside is the battery life (if you primarily use it wireless). Having an extra set of rechargeables ready is necessary.

Jackquelegs September 4, 2011 06:50 PM

You want a free G5?

BT! September 4, 2011 07:11 PM

best mouse ever.. on sale too. :)
NCIX.com - Buy Logitech MX518 US Optical Gaming Grade Mouse 1800DPI With Programmable Buttons USB - Logitech - 931352-0403 - in Canada