Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 9, 2008, 08:30 AM
Rookie

Default Belkin KVM switches

I just wanted to post this information about all new KVM switches from Belkin. After receiving a Belkin Soho 4 port USB, DVI, KVM switch (model#F1DD104U) I purchased through an e-tailer in Canada, I noticed that the keyboard"hot key" option to switch between computers was not functioning. I read the manual, but nowhere does it talk about a keyboard "hot key" feature, yet everywhere I read the description about this model (including Belkin's own web site) it clearly states that this "hot key" function is available. Well after a few conversations with Belkin regarding this situation, this is what I have discovered. It seems that Belkin has removed this option from all of its new KVM USB DVI switches, it seems that they were having to many problems with this feature and their users. I have had KVM switches for many years and have become acustomed to this feature (call me lazy if you wish). The e-tailer (Direct Canada) that I purchased the product from has been very helpful in this matter and has promised me a full refund, if I wish to return the product. I am now looking to see if I could get (from another manufacturer) a fully "hot key" functioning KVM 4 port USB, DVI.

Regards
Bobcat
Old February 9, 2008, 08:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Good to know- thanks!