Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/45006-cooler-master-storm-sirus-5-1-headset-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL July 18, 2011 09:05 PM

Cooler Master Storm Sirus 5.1 Headset Review Comment Thread

Cooler Master's Storm series of peripherals and cases are marketed towards the gamer market and they're now taking the next logical step with a headset. The Storm Sirus isn't your typical set of headphones since it incorporates a true 5.1 surround design, an adjustable mic, the option to use either USB or analog connections and a robust software package. But will this be enough to allow it to compete against the firmly entrenched competition?

Read More Here

Supergrover July 18, 2011 10:14 PM

One thing to note for those of us that dont like the red glowing ears is:

Quote:

the cool red storm logos dont glow if you dont use the console and USB
Should be the same on your unit Sky as I assume it is a production unit since it is grey and is set to release.

For what it is not a bad headset.

frontier204 July 19, 2011 04:02 PM

Nice review!
I hope to see more gaming headsets that have either open back or the not-plastic ear pad designs. I prefer to be able to hear the real ("physical" for those who live in alternate realities) world so others don't feel they have to throw things at me to get my attention :haha:

martin_metal_88 July 19, 2011 04:44 PM

pretty nice review sky. Is that your face under the headset :P

I like the look of these and they seems to be pretty comfy, is there a price tag on it? ( maybe I skiped it )

SKYMTL July 19, 2011 05:28 PM

This is AkG's review. ;)

Supergrover July 19, 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 (Post 534500)
pretty nice review sky. Is that your face under the headset :P

I like the look of these and they seems to be pretty comfy, is there a price tag on it? ( maybe I skiped it )

MSPR of $129.99

There also might be a headset only version for a reduced price thoguh this info is a few weeks old, I asked for a confirmation on the headset only today also as soon as I know I will pass it on.
Quote:

sirus CAN be used without the c-media console!
and there might even be a version of the headset on its own without the console http://www.cmstorm.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
130 us$ for the full set, 99$ for the headset only option

Supergrover July 19, 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 534510)
This is AkG's review. ;)

Then you should probally edit the info in because as it states right now you are the reviewer.:whistle:
Quote:

Author: SKYMTL
Date: July 18, 2011
Product Name: Storm Sirus 5.1
Warranty: 2 Years

jurassic1024 July 19, 2011 06:48 PM

This in and of itself would be more than reasonable if your tastes run towards trance, house or rap.

That makes no sense at all. Why would genres that live and breath bass, be good with headphones/speakers with shitty bass output? Have you seen the price of Beats by Dre headphones? You do know what kind of music he produces right?

SKYMTL July 19, 2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassic1024 (Post 534561)
This in and of itself would be more than reasonable if your tastes run towards trance, house or rap.

That makes no sense at all. Why would genres that live and breath bass, be good with headphones/speakers with shitty bass output? Have you seen the price of Beats by Dre headphones? You do know what kind of music he produces right?

I tend to agree with AkG on this one.

House, rap and ESPECIALLY trance (which is what I am listening to now) has tons of bass but very little bass definition. Any two bit headset can push out the "boom, boom, boom" these genres exhibit but it takes a good set of cans to distinguish between the subtly different notes produced by a bass guitar or a classical contrabass for example.

And yeah, we have seen the Beats. Up close and personal. But while they sport Dre's name, Monster makes it abundantly apparent that they are studio-quality which means they excel in all genres. And they better for $400....

Jackquelegs July 19, 2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jurassic1024 (Post 534561)

Because in those genres the rhythm/punch of the beat often exceed in importance than depth and complexity?

also LOL@BEATS :rofl: