Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 3, 2011, 04:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default RAT 7 Discoloration after 1 day

I just got a RAT 7 mouse and after 1 day of maybe 3 hours of use I see discoloration on the left/right mouse

buttons and the DPI button. Has anyone else had this? I don't have greasy hands and they are pretty dry all

the time. I don't see what could damage it so fast.

thanks
Old July 3, 2011, 05:27 PM
Rookie

Is already damaged???? if that RAT 7 is already damaged, it doesn't worth 80$, for sure, unless you let the mouse exposed to the sun
Old July 3, 2011, 08:16 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I would talk to the Manufacturer right away , might just be a bad finish on one.
I don't think any mouse should discolour that fast.

Xbas - Even UV wouldn't do that in 1day.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 3, 2011, 08:20 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Been using a Rat 7 for the better part of 6 months now and I don't have a single issue. And I have VERY greasy palms.

Around here, one of the game cafes uses exclusively Rat 7 mice and they still look pretty good even after 24 / 7 use by multiple individuals.
Old July 3, 2011, 09:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cool ,thanks for replies guys. I will look into it.
Old July 4, 2011, 03:44 PM
Allstar

Rat 7 sucks...horrible mouse and will put it up for sale here. Went back to my Logitech G500

CHEERS
Old July 5, 2011, 09:06 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Rat 7 sucks...horrible mouse and will put it up for sale here. Went back to my Logitech G500
I got mine about a week ago and I think it's pretty good. I gamed with it for only 2 nights though. As opposed to what someone else said, tracking was very precise and consistent. The lack of tilt scroll wheel got the best of me and I went back to my G500 as well. I know there is a thumb wheel, but that's not what I need for gaming. I need my tilt scroll wheel, that's just the way it is.

The RAT7 is now my work mouse.
Anyhow... did anyone get the thumb wheel to scroll sideways in IE or any other apps?
Old July 6, 2011, 06:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well I returned the RAT 7 after my hand starting hurting. The comfort was horrible. The tracking on two

different surface soft/hard was questionable also. I ended up getting the G9X and WOW!!! I've never seen

a mouse with such great precision and comfort.