New Keyboard Time
So my lovely Everyglide DKT keyboard is showing its age.... The paint on the "A" key started wearing off long and now it seems I've broken my "W" key (it pops out completely) - guess I've been playing too many FPS games, haha.
So! I'd like a few suggestions for a replacement. Here are some "likes" and "must haves" as well as a few questions:
- Durable, not cheap feeling
- Not huge
- No Numpad or very small numpad
- Red theme or backlight, or white. NOT BLUE (for once, haha)
1) IF I decide to get a mechanical keyboard, I dont want something thats loud.... like at all. Is that even possible for mechanicals? I've never used one since ye olden days, but I always remember them being annoying. So, can I get a SILENT mechanical keyboard?
2) Has anyone used the Thermaltake eSports keyboards? If so, what are your impressions? I've been looking at this one: Buy THERMALTAKE [MEK007US] Thermaltake eSports Meka Mechanical USB2.0 Gaming Keyboard Ultrapolling Cherry Black
there's also this one (backlit but not mechanical): Buy THERMALTAKE [CHP001US] Thermaltake eSports Challenger Pro USB Gaming Keyboard Red Backlit With Cooling Fan
What do you think HWC? Lemme know your thoughts!
All mechanical keyboards are somewhat loud. Unless you have a light press and don't bottom out the key. Something w/ Cherry brown keys would be as quiet as possible, but even then it will be lower than something w/ rubber membranes.
Could you suggest a good solid non-mechanical one then? I dont get online as much as i used to, i fear i am falling behind ... thanks though !
These have Cherry Browns in them
NCIX.com - Buy Metadot Das Keyboard Professional Model S Silent Mechanical Keyboard - Metadot - DASK3PROMS1SI (8 55800 00118 0) - in Canada
I'm currently using the Razer black widow ultimate with Cherry Blues (superb tactile feedback). It is QUITE LOUD, much louder than my model M for that matter.
A good keyboard that I used was the old Logitech Illuminated. Those scissors keys are very comfortable but can be stressing at times since the keys bottom out very quickly :thumb:
Hmmm, yeah thats a definite No then for Mechanicals. Id drive everyone and my neighbours crazy with the noise, haha.
Logitech Illuminated is one of my options, and i really dont mind keys with a short keystroke - im used to typing on laptops. As long as its solid I'll like it.... so was it solid feeling? lol
Ill take other suggestions as well, of course :P
Steel Series 6g V2 or the more expensive 7g are as quite as mechanical keyboards get. That Razer Black Widow is a screamer.
sorry off topic a bit
What is the deal with Mechanical keyboards, what makes them so special?
huh sound cool thanx for the info
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:35 PM.|