Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2011, 11:31 PM
MVP

Default Looking for a new mouse

Seems my Lachesis is starting to suffer from a middle mouse button failure (again..this is the replacement mouse, first mouse lasted until just before the warranty ended on it before it started going on me) so, barring it being a dust buildup (I'm going to have to take it apart soon to check for sure) I'm going to be on the look for a new mouse.
things I'd prefer/liked about the lachesis:
1) weight- it's not a heavy mouse (by my feel)
2) size/design- it's been comfortable for me to use, not too big, not too small

I don't need a million buttons (I rarely used either of the shoulder buttons on either side, I've recently re-mapped a universal scroll to one set of the thumb buttons because of the failing middle click)
anything I should look at in a similar price point to the lachesis?

I've tried a firmware update- did nothing for me
Old June 22, 2011, 05:36 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

not sure if this helps or not but i recently switch to a track ball for most day to day tasks and will probably not be going back. As for gaming i still am not accurate enough for the track ball to be useful so i still use my logitech G5. It's a wonderful mouse the weight is customizable. It has more than the standard buttons but it doesn't have a million of them. (left, right, Scroll wheel, 2 shoulder buttons, scroll up button, scroll down button, dpi change button)

Old June 22, 2011, 05:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really like the Steel Series XAI for a comfortable look. I don't own one but it's a replica shape of the microsoft mouse I owned for years. I currently have a Razer Deathadder, which I highly recommend for precision as it tracks better than most other mice out there. I recently had a G9 go on me after 3 years, it was meh in all aspects, I noticed a huge improvement in my aim with using this new mouse. However, as you stated it seems some of these razer mice have issues with buttons going. I price matched at FS and bought the 2 year warranty for $10.
Old June 22, 2011, 07:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Take a look at the mouse thread.

I'm waiting till next month to buy. Cooler Master is supposed to release a new mouse ^^
Old June 22, 2011, 08:21 AM
MVP

My System Specs

HELP ME PICK A NEW GAMING MOUSE
Old June 22, 2011, 11:51 AM
MVP

I'll take a look around town, see if anywhere has a XAI for me to "test drive" I've taken a look at the coolermaster mice...I'm not a fan of the design/layout of them...who knows, this new mouse of theirs might be better