Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26, 2011, 02:06 PM

My System Specs

There is no way I would ever say Cherry MX black switches are anything like a membrane keyboard. They are non-tactile key switches but definitely do not feel sloppy like a membrane board.
Old April 26, 2011, 02:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Mechanical keyboards are usually gaming keyboards aren't they? I'd get one, but I'm fine with my ergonomic one. My friends hate it though, especially when it comes to playing SC2 :P
Old April 26, 2011, 02:35 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Mechanical keyboards are usually gaming keyboards aren't they? I'd get one, but I'm fine with my ergonomic one. My friends hate it though, especially when it comes to playing SC2 :P
There a lot of them that are labeled as gaming keyboards although I wouldn't buy one as a gaming keyboard. I honestly much prefer the Logitech G13 I use. They are just nice to type with.
Old April 26, 2011, 02:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

After buying what was told to me, by my local computer store (never taking their recommendation again, if I ever go back), a gaming keyboard. I realize how much I miss my old IBM keyboard (maybe 5 keyboards ago?). If I get the spare pocket change I'm going with a mechanical keyboard next time.

I've simply had it with button problems of the keyboards. Either the buttons stick, or they can't seem to register 3 buttons being pushed at the same time, or the buttons don't go in the correct order. and lets not forget how quick the paint wears off the buttons, which allows the back-glow to shine through the whole button. I'm looking at you razer raclusa

sorry.. [/endrant]

Last edited by Amarthfea; April 26, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old April 26, 2011, 05:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
There a lot of them that are labeled as gaming keyboards although I wouldn't buy one as a gaming keyboard. I honestly much prefer the Logitech G13 I use. They are just nice to type with.
What bothers me is that there aren't many ergonomic keyboards like my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 out there. While everyone hates it, I love it. Only thing I don't like is that it can get dirty pretty quickly, but it can happen with any keyboard.

What bothers the most is that so called gaming keyboards from Razer and SteelSeries look no different than normal keyboards...
Old April 26, 2011, 06:00 PM

My System Specs

The Razer Black Widow and the Steelseries 7G/6GV2 are actually great keyboards. Although honestly I wouldn't buy any other keyboard from either manufacturer. Now only if Logitech will follow w/ a 'gaming' mechanical keyboard.

As for ergonomics keyboards, you really don't have a lot of choice if you want one w/ mechanical key switches. There might be a handful out there but I am not sure who makes them.