Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5, 2011, 01:58 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Fake DPI? What? Not that I'm not trusting you or anything, but do you have any source to back it up? Or any reviews? Because so far, all the reviews on the mouse I'm considering are pretty good. And the Xai is out of my price range so I'm not even going to consider that.

Why are laser not good? Laser is much better than optical is it not?
BTW I honestly do not have a source, but EVERY single damned person I've talked to who plays counter strike say that it does and to lower it to match its true dpi, making it very accurate.
Old June 5, 2011, 04:58 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

For anyone who wants an in depth and accurate explanation of the Deathadder and laser sensors in general, see the below two posts by NKRO over at Geekhack:

Razer Update Deathadders... "Back in Black" - Page 2

Razer Update Deathadders... "Back in Black" - Page 3

tl;dr Version is that laser mice interpolate any DPI number that is not a multiple of 90.

This kind of stuff only matters to professional gamers by the way. A person should first and foremost be looking for a mouse that fits their hand comfortably, with adequate tracking coming a close second.

Old June 6, 2011, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLives View Post
<br />
<br />
Also to the guy above me, trust me the CM Sentinel does not at all beat the mx518, it's tracking sucks balls in my opinion. I have it set to 1100dpi, and still the mx518 on 800dpi is smoother. Just goes to show. A lot of CSS players use the deathadder though, but the newest version uses a bad sensor which has a ridiculously high LOD, and so does the sentinel, those mouse feet are essential for it.
Wth are you talking about? How can you sit there and tell me that my MX518 performs better than my sentinel advance. I see the direct results on my screen! Maybe there was something wrong with the sentinel you bought because there is certainly nothing wrong with mine.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old June 7, 2011, 01:38 PM
Rookie

I recommend the g500 logitech mouse. Excellent feel and accuracy. I consider it a worthy upgrade from the g5.
It can be had around ~50 when it is on sale from NCIX.
Old June 7, 2011, 06:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I own the new deathadder, it's one of my 10 gaming mice. It's really nothing special IMO. No on the fly dpi changing is seriously annoying for games like BC2 when you need to quickly change it higher in a tank or chopper, then back to normal for infantry. The slick sides also are a dirt magnet and the wheel feel a bit below quality. It's got nothing on my CM Inferno or Sentinel :)
Old June 7, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Any update super? Very tempted to just go and get a Razer DeathAdder or Sentinel Advance. Gonna do some price matching of course. $40 for the Sentinel...
July 5th Geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 7, 2011, 10:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
July 5th Geo
Thanks! Any info on pricing? And can I expect HWC to have a review on the mouse?
Old June 8, 2011, 04:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
I own the new deathadder, it's one of my 10 gaming mice. It's really nothing special IMO. No on the fly dpi changing is seriously annoying for games like BC2 when you need to quickly change it higher in a tank or chopper, then back to normal for infantry. The slick sides also are a dirt magnet and the wheel feel a bit below quality. It's got nothing on my CM Inferno or Sentinel :)
It certainly doesn't have the bells and whistles, but its tracking is unmatched by any other mouse I've tried. I went from a G9 to the deathadder, immediately I noticed a difference in my fine accuracy in game.

Tracking is why he said it's one of the best mice.
Old July 2, 2011, 11:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
July 5th Geo
Quote:
Thanks! Any info on pricing? And can I expect HWC to have a review on the mouse?
Almost July 5th! Got a review soon? Or any information on pricing?
Old July 25, 2011, 12:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster CM Storm SpawN 3500DPI Gaming Mouse 7 Button Black Red - COOLERMASTER - SGM-2000-MLON1 - in Canada
NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster CM Storm Sentinel ZERO-G 5600DPI Gaming Mouse 8 Button Adjustable Weight Black Grey - Others - SGM-6001-GLLW1 - in Canada

Zero-G and Spawn are in stock at NCIX now just FYI Geo, sorry forgot about this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton