Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 29, 2011, 09:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I pricematched the CM sentinel to $37.95.+tax. I'm just waiting for ncix to approve. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 29, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I'll see if I cant get you a firm NA release date Geo, I know production units have been out to reviewers for a little while now.
I have to give it to CM's firmware staff they finally have been pumping out new firmware for both the spawn and Inferno units that seam to fix most problems. Hopefully the Sentinel Zero-G will get the same treatment prior to release.
Thanks! So I guess even if I do decide to pull the trigger on a new Cooler Master mouse, I should be covered by the new firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I pricematched the CM sentinel to $37.95.+tax. I'm just waiting for ncix to approve. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.
I'm waiting for the NCIX warehouse sale this coming Saturday. Hopefully we'll see something good.
Old May 29, 2011, 08:53 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

CM mice are just win.

No matter how many mice I try and buy i keep going back to my CM Inferno, such a good mouse.
Old May 30, 2011, 09:06 PM
Rookie

Although I've used CM mice, I always find myself crawling back to my G700.
Old June 4, 2011, 01:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I'll see if I cant get you a firm NA release date Geo, I know production units have been out to reviewers for a little while now.
I have to give it to CM's firmware staff they finally have been pumping out new firmware for both the spawn and Inferno units that seam to fix most problems. Hopefully the Sentinel Zero-G will get the same treatment prior to release.
Any update super? Very tempted to just go and get a Razer DeathAdder or Sentinel Advance. Gonna do some price matching of course. $40 for the Sentinel...
Old June 4, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Any update super? Very tempted to just go and get a Razer DeathAdder or Sentinel Advance. Gonna do some price matching of course. $40 for the Sentinel...
Heh sent off messages but my contacts are at Computex right now and have not had time to get back to me. As soon as I know you will know Geo, though my spidey sense tells me if you need a new mouse right now then grab one, since I could forsee it being July, CM Storm will be releasing some other new products in that time frame.

I'll send out another email here for you this afternoon, hopefully he gets the time to get back to me ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 4, 2011, 02:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Heh sent off messages but my contacts are at Computex right now and have not had time to get back to me. As soon as I know you will know Geo, though my spidey sense tells me if you need a new mouse right now then grab one, since I could forsee it being July, CM Storm will be releasing some other new products in that time frame.

I'll send out another email here for you this afternoon, hopefully he gets the time to get back to me ASAP.
Ah right Computex. Should check out HWC's coverage on that. Ok thanks man =)

What would you choose though between the two? People on Team Liquid recommended me quite a bit of mice, with majority being the DeathAdder. Maybe it's because it's a Razer product...

Recommend a $50 CAD Mouse Please
Old June 4, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have never used a deathadder mouse so I cant comment on them, I can say that my diamondbacks were excellent mice for there time, both of them have taken huge beatings over the years and both still function fine on surfing desktops now. Mind you one's feet are done.

For the longest time I used to use 2 mice, one for my gaming and my old mx1000 for surfing,PS,ect. IMO the mx1000 for my handsize was a perfect mouse until I tried the Sentinel, this thing is just molded for my handsize and grip. For me it is a very comfy mouse for either multihour gaming or just casual surfing, if you find you use profiles ( I do for gaming3x profiles and surfing/PS 2x profile) then you have 5 to choose from simply color code the profile to the color and you will always know at a glance what settings you are on, the LCD displays the DPI and profile info but I never look at the screen since using the colors works well. Add in the extra set of mouse feet is a nice bonus too though I lost mine somewhere....
That said some users have experienced problems with various pads and the software, most noticeably the 1.2, I have 1.3 and not a problem but the Sentinel will not be getting another update to the best of my knowledge. It seams that they will be focasing on the Zero-G and that is a whole different set of firmware/software. So TBH I dont see much life in the Non-G version. But if it works for you out of the box then you are good to go but if you have problems and are looking for a update then you very well could be out of luck.

Geo if you really want I can send you my used Version 1 Sentinel when my Zero-G arrives, wont be till July though since I have a few products coming then and they all will come at once. The LCD has some burnin and I dont have the extra feet anymore, and by the thumb rest my nail has peeled some of the rubber( I have a habit of rubbing my thumbnail against the mouse while surfing) but other than that it is in great shape, you would have to pay for shipping though.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old June 4, 2011, 04:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Lol oh man I didn't even know about the Zero-G. I just took a quick look at the Zero-G on Google and it looks like an absolute beast. I don't think it's sold in Canada though right now. Quick search on Price Canada didn't find anything.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind, but we're still a month away from when Cooler Master launches its next mouse. Let's see what your contacts say first =) I'm surprised that Cooler Master is going to release a mouse so quickly though when they just released the Zero-G.
Old June 4, 2011, 04:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Lol oh man I didn't even know about the Zero-G. I just took a quick look at the Zero-G on Google and it looks like an absolute beast. I don't think it's sold in Canada though right now. Quick search on Price Canada didn't find anything.

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind, but we're still a month away from when Cooler Master launches its next mouse. Let's see what your contacts say first =) I'm surprised that Cooler Master is going to release a mouse so quickly though when they just released the Zero-G.
They are basically the same mouse, more onboard though, this is why I say dont look for updates on the Sentinel original since it has been stated in the forum that the original wont be getting anymore updates. Again this could change but with the Zero-G coming out I would suspect it wont.
Zero-G:CM Storm Products: Sentinel Z3RO-G
Original:CM Storm Products: Sentinel Advance

As far as I know only reviewers have the Zero-G right now.
Keep in mind the Zero-G will also come out with a copy of Shattered Horizons , not the best game mind you but still a okay game.

And there might just be a Shattered Horizon Contest coming up on CM Storm Forums soon to coincide with release.

Quote: