Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 3, 2011, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geokilla View Post
Has anyone used the Cooler Master Sentinel Advance or Inferno lately? I saw the review for the Sentinel and I must say it looks very impressive for only $46. However I'm a bit worried about the reliability and the quality itself.
I have a Sentinel, the one main issue I had is it's sensor with a cloth mouse pad.
Old May 3, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Has anyone used the Cooler Master Sentinel Advance or Inferno lately? I saw the review for the Sentinel and I must say it looks very impressive for only $46. However I'm a bit worried about the reliability and the quality itself.
Heh I have one and aside of a LOD issue that I had prior to the 1.3 firmware it has been a great mouse but ( and I will probably catch shit for this ) I would stear clear of CM Mice right now they can have a crap load of different issues Sentinel has LOD/disconnect issues plus it has the dreaded Twin-Eye sensor + mousepad compatibility , Spawn has the 800dpi issue ( mind you it is somewhat fixed with the beta firmware) and the Inferno has LOD/disconnect and mousepad issues.Add to the fact that the lead developer has moved on to another company and well, you get the idea.
They are working hard to address these issues with firmware but until they actually materialize I would be wary.
Mind you when you have no issues both the Spawn and Sentinel are great mice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old May 3, 2011, 10:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Heh I have one and aside of a LOD issue that I had prior to the 1.3 firmware it has been a great mouse but ( and I will probably catch shit for this ) I would stear clear of CM Mice right now they can have a crap load of different issues Sentinel has LOD/disconnect issues plus it has the dreaded Twin-Eye sensor + mousepad compatibility , Spawn has the 800dpi issue ( mind you it is somewhat fixed with the beta firmware) and the Inferno has LOD/disconnect and mousepad issues.Add to the fact that the lead developer has moved on to another company and well, you get the idea.
They are working hard to address these issues with firmware but until they actually materialize I would be wary.
Yea I read a bit about the mousepad issues but I thought it'd be fixed by now since there hasn't been any new posts on the problem. Well there aren't really any great alternatives available at the $50 price point, aside from the Logitech G500.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yea I read a bit about the mousepad issues but I thought it'd be fixed by now since there hasn't been any new posts on the problem. Well there aren't really any great alternatives available at the $50 price point, aside from the Logitech G500.
Oh we still get mousepad issue threads/post quite abit trust me. What pad are you using?

I have a CM Beta mousepad here that works 100% with the Sentinel that I am not using ( its white and doesnt go with my setup) if you do go with the Sentinel and you have pad issues let me know and it is yours if you want/need it.

Quote:
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
Old May 3, 2011, 12:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I like my Razer Mamba. No wires :) Looks cool, clicks cool, smoooooth,
Everything seems to be built with quality and I have experienced none issues, driver issues, any issues with it
Old May 3, 2011, 01:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Oh we still get mousepad issue threads/post quite abit trust me. What pad are you using?

I have a CM Beta mousepad here that works 100% with the Sentinel that I am not using ( its white and doesnt go with my setup) if you do go with the Sentinel and you have pad issues let me know and it is yours if you want/need it.
I'm currently using a generic mouse pad lol. I'm on a Logitech MX620 and I really like it, except that it's not really up to par for gaming use.

I'll see what happens and if I need a mouse pad, I'll give you a shout. Thanks ^^
Old May 12, 2011, 06:40 PM
Rookie

Thumbs up for all razer mice. If you are a pinch-grip mouser the Razer line is nice. I have the copperhead for gaming. The side buttons suck though, can't hit the ones on right side because of the way I grip my mouse. They should be close to the front end near the finger tips (duH).

I also have the Razer Abyssus at my work PC. They fixed the side buttons issue - it has none! :^)
Old May 12, 2011, 06:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I like the razer naga. it performs macros and is very precise. Also I have it set up so I don't even need my keyboard other than to type while playing. I have WASD ste up as 5789 on the keypad and then 1234 are my weapons. Also you can set up different profiles for different games so it can automatically change the thumbgrid mapping when you open up certain programs.

I spent more time fiddling with my mouse setting than my bios (although it plugs and plays just fine I was just having fun toying).
Old May 12, 2011, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Has the Spawn even hit stores yet? Or are they still waggling it in our faces making them seem exclusive?
Old May 12, 2011, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Has the Spawn even hit stores yet? Or are they still waggling it in our faces making them seem exclusive?
Once the new firmware is out of BETA and it is getting real close, then you will see the Spawn become widely available in NA.

Quote: