Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2011, 12:33 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Current mouse crapped out, looking for a new one.

Hey guys my Razer Deathadder 3500dpi just recently crapped out on me. Windows doesn't recognize it and i made sure it wasn't just my pc, i tried several of my friend's. The mouse wheel still glows but the razer emblem does not. I googled the problem and sadly couldn't find a fix.

Here is some I've been looking at (Btw I would prefer a local store (ncix's markham store is still kinda far from me) so canadacomputers and tigerdirect are probably the main options)

Budget is about 100$ btw.

Logitech (910-001260) G500, 5700dpi Gaming Laser Mouse (Retail Box) | Canada Computers

SteelSeries Ikari Laser Gaming Mouse (Retail Box) | Canada Computers

Thanks
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old March 17, 2011, 12:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

That's the mouse I been rocking with for the past while.
I recently tried a Razer Naga, and I went back to my G500 within hours. It's been rock solid since day one, and sadly enough, I play ALOT!
Old March 17, 2011, 01:32 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Steelseries Xai, RAT 7, Logitech G9x

are some more to consider. Try them out in store before purchase, make sure you like the ergonomics.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:41 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
make sure you like the ergonomics.
And the "lift-off", or how it keeps tracking if you lift the mouse.
Old March 17, 2011, 01:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Another +1 for the G500, been my daily gamer mouse since last summer.
Old March 17, 2011, 06:24 PM
Top Prospect

The Ikari is a nice mouse but there's quite a few reviews out there commenting on the build quality (usually around the 1 year mark it malfunctions?).

Logitech probably has the best support out of all the companies. Maybe look into the G9X (custom grips). Sometimes, you can find the previous version (G9) for as low as $49!
Old March 17, 2011, 06:54 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i tried a SS raven mouse and took it back within a week. stoopid wheel on the side kept giving my hand cramps. ended up getting a microsoft sidewinder x8 .im pretty happy with it. i was happy with my 7000 previous to that but i wore out the trigger button playing ME2 on insane
Old March 17, 2011, 06:57 PM

My System Specs

My vote would go for an Ikari. It is just so damn comfortable to suggest anything else. I also can not suggest any Logitech mouse that uses that awful scroll wheel they though was a good idea. It is so sloppy.
Old March 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well, I could always suggest what I use, the Logitech Performance MX.

Logitech (910-001122) Performance Mouse MX. Wireless Laser Tracking, w/Unifying Reciever (Retail Box) | Canada Computers

I find it to be excellent on all surfaces and I for one love the scroll wheel, it can switch from your standard scroll to a free spin type. Works great for me.

Old March 17, 2011, 10:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Call me crazy but i own so many mice, razors, coolermasters, logitech etc.. BUT the mouse that i play the best with is a crappy small standard microsoft mouse as i use a more claw/finger grip, i find this helps with fast aiming movements. I play a LOT of Bad Company 2 online and this mouse just cannot be beat for me (even tho it has no fancy buttons)

If i had to recommend a propper gaming mouse with buttons etc.. the Coolermaster Inferno would be my choice

Its all about the feel, good luck!