Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2011, 11:45 AM
Top Prospect

Default Setting up "rapid fire "

hey guys, i just bought today CM storm Sentinel mouse and i do not know how to setup the rapid fire thing cause i am new to gaming mice any help will be appreciated.
edit : what does DPI do in real world ? i noticed that i had to decrease the sensitivity to be able to do 5600 DPI

Last edited by N.E.A; February 25, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old February 25, 2011, 12:14 PM
MVP

My System Specs

dpi = dots per inch
how many dots on your screen will the cursor move for every inch of physical movement
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old February 25, 2011, 12:41 PM
Top Prospect

so the more , the better even when doing any thing else other than gaming ????
Old February 25, 2011, 12:58 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It depends on what you are doing. For fast-twitch reflex actions, like spinning around in a FPS game, more is better. Controlling a zoomed in twitchy sniper rifle, or drawing a strait line in Paint? Less is better.

I usually set my mice on a happy medium, and ignore it from then on. Others use different profiles for different games, and even different profiles inside the game.
Old February 25, 2011, 01:01 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It depends on what you are doing. For fast-twitch reflex actions, like spinning around in a FPS game, more is better. Controlling a zoomed in twitchy sniper rifle, or drawing a strait line in Paint? Less is better.
Even if you want to do fast movements, it's still possible with low DPI. You merely need a larger mouse pad and be willing to fling your arm around ;) That's how one of my friends plays.

But really, it's personal preference. I find 3500DPI too fast, 1800DPI is a good general purpose one though.
Old February 25, 2011, 03:40 PM
Top Prospect

guys, every time i increase the sensitivity and close the CM application and open it again, it goes back !!!
and in the games some of them : the cursor moves well in the game but in the menus it gets slower without doing any thing !!! how can i fix that ??