Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14, 2011, 06:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdy View Post
I called Razer explained the situation and they said it was the mouse. So I called logitech and my mouse is easily 3+ years old and out of warranty but they are sending me a new one :) Logitech might be the best company evar.
There, is the epitome of different business models

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old February 15, 2011, 04:43 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

As an owner of many Razer mouse pads over the years, here's the short list, exact mat, destructor, Golithus small, and Golithus large. I had always thought that they were the "best" out there. And for the most part they were no one else was making "gamer grade" mouse pads. I've never experienced jittery mouse problems like you've demonstrated above but I do believe that Razer mouse pads do not track as true as I had thought. Then I bought an Artisan mouse pad (search for it in these forums for details) and my impression of my "awesome" Razer mouse pads changed instantly. Of all the mouse pads Razer makes I would say the best for tracking was the Destructor in my experience other may and will disagree. The problem with the Destructor was that it was to rough and ate up mouse feet like cotton candy. The Artisan pads have a similar textured surface but it's soft with a rigid yet flexible core.

So to sum this babble up, just to be on the safe side since it looks like you're getting a good break from Logitech (great customer service) in that they are sending you a new mouse. If you've got the extra cash head back to NCIX return your mouse pad and pick up an Artisan one.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old February 15, 2011, 04:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This happened to my G5 as well. It wasn't the mousepad's fault though; there was dust in the sensor hole at the bottom of the mouse. If you still have it, try giving the hole a blow from a can of compressed air and see if that'll work.
Old February 15, 2011, 05:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
So to sum this babble up, just to be on the safe side since it looks like you're getting a good break from Logitech (great customer service) in that they are sending you a new mouse. If you've got the extra cash head back to NCIX return your mouse pad and pick up an Artisan one.
+1 on the notion, I've used Steelseries and Razer pads a lot before my Artisan. Although I preferred the Goliathus pads over most, I must say the quality isn't very good. (fraying, dead skin getting stuck in the pad not washing out and affecting tracking, etc.) Steelseries pads are much better in terms durability in my experience, but they just lack that little bit of good "feel."
Member reviews from David Milch and myself are in here: Artisan Gaming Mouse Pads