Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Time for a new keyboard (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/39868-time-new-keyboard.html)

martin_metal_88 January 13, 2011 09:00 PM

Time for a new keyboard

Hey guys!
My G11 leaving me, I need a new keyboard. I was looking at the Gigabytes GK-K8100. But I would like to know what you guys use and why you love it or not. This might help me get a new KB looking at the pros and cons of different model. I trust you way more than NCIX or newegg product review:P

Edit : For the GA Aviva, if you guys know a place to get the red version in canada it would be a + for this model :haha:

ykcorey January 13, 2011 09:27 PM

15 dollar OEM Microsoft! When it gets dirty, throw it away!

chubaka January 13, 2011 09:52 PM

spend on a mech keyboard.do some research and take your pick even rosewill has one..haha

im using filco blue but i personally think its overpriced when i bought it 2 yrs back.

lowfat January 13, 2011 10:03 PM

Another vote for a mechanical one. The new Razer mechanical one uses Cherry mx blue keyswitches and it would be my keyboard of choice for a relatively decent price.

Mars January 14, 2011 04:03 AM

I'm torn between getting a mechanical keyboard, or the MS one which allows me to place the numpad on the left...

Alternatively contemplating whether I could saw off the numpad from a mechanical keyboard.

Kilauea January 14, 2011 04:40 AM

I'm using a logitech Illuminated. I really like it, it made a few people jealous in my household. Recently I have been having some random problems with it tho. I am not sure if the problem is me or the keyboard yet. Basicly, while playing a game where I need to hold space bar its as if I did not held it. Not sure if its me not pressing enough because it only happens rarely (possibly when I am telling myself alright you really need to time your release to get it right). Other than that, it would really be worth considering.

I am also wondering about mech keyboards, but never used one myself; therefore, I can't exactly recommend one myself.

martin_metal_88 January 14, 2011 07:52 AM

Kilauea, I think that's because of the ghost key system. Some key can't be hold while other are to prevent mistake. That's a big sale point in the gaming keyboard.

@ other, thx a lot and keep posting, I am now looking for a mech KB, let's see what the market as to ofer me:)

Polygon January 14, 2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 474340)
Alternatively contemplating whether I could saw off the numpad from a mechanical keyboard.

1) Buy tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
2) Buy separate numkey
3) place numkey on left side
4) ???
5) Profit

lowfat January 14, 2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mars (Post 474340)
I'm torn between getting a mechanical keyboard, or the MS one which allows me to place the numpad on the left...

They do make keyboards w/o the number pad. I can't stand keyboards with them either. The Filco I am currently using doesn't. The problem is you can't get Filco in North America anymore. Topre makes a Realforce tenkeyless as well, but it is $230.

Soultribunal January 14, 2011 08:11 AM

Personally speaking, I use now a G110 from Logitech. I find it really has a great feel to it and excellent layout for those who do more than just light gaming.
It isn't cheap, but with the features that it has, it is worth it.

ST