Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14, 2011, 12:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

like i said i have been really impressed with the G110. The other keyboards i really like and use at work are the ones they ship with lenovo desktops nice little basic keyboards which are pretty responsive.

Old January 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I do agree that those cheap IBM KB are beast and so nice to type on. If they would add some macro keys and some feature it would be perfect:)

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 14, 2011, 01:46 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
It's all preference. Some people love their MX blacks for typing, most do not. I use mine for everything and it's alright, though I'd like to try browns or blues but i'll be waiting for the Leopolds most likely before this happens.
Ya I loved my 7G until I was able to grab an IBM Model M for cheap. Then when I moved on to the blue keyswitches in my Filco, it was like first love . Now going back to my 7G just feels wrong in my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
I saw only 2 G6V2 and G7, and both were having really cheap key. I mean, when we received the box all the key were falling into the box, they were not well holded into position. If it's a feature for easy clean it's not for me XD. Unfortunatly I never tryed them.
Yes the keycaps on the black switches pop off really easy. Especially the keys at the bottom if you don't hit them straight on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatoriToker View Post
well mechanical wise black and brown switches aren't noisy unless you bottom out alot. Blue switches on the other hands are very noisy and can be quite annoying lol.
Annoying or sexy depending on the person. I personally love the sound of the blues clacking away. Although I do live alone. I am sure if I had someone living with me they would rather rather annoyed with me.
Old January 14, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You are not alone you have a femaleputer:P

On topic now - I will go to my local shop tonight to see what my ex collegue think and if they can order few of my choice to be able to try them :) mouhahaha

Martin_metal_88

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 14, 2011, 02:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Ya I loved my 7G until I was able to grab an IBM Model M for cheap. Then when I moved on to the blue keyswitches in my Filco, it was like first love . Now going back to my 7G just feels wrong in my opinion.
I'd probably use a Model M if they had more then 2KRO. I can't remember if they even have that. I'm really curious about the blues, but I have a feeling they'd really annoy me in FPS games in particular. Only one way to find out.. soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Yes the keycaps on the black switches pop off really easy. Especially the keys at the bottom if you don't hit them straight on.
This sounds like a quality control issue, either with the Steelseries keyboards or the keycaps they use. This does not happen on my Filco at all, the keys are on VERY securely unless I remove them with my keycap puller.

Old January 14, 2011, 03:21 PM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
This sounds like a quality control issue, either with the Steelseries keyboards or the keycaps they use. This does not happen on my Filco at all, the keys are on VERY securely unless I remove them with my keycap puller.
They may very well use different keycaps, but Steelseries keyboards are made by Filco. I just assumed it was the way blacks were. Guess I was wrong.
Old January 14, 2011, 03:31 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Martin, if you type while your girlfriend is asleep then the Logitech Illuminated might be a great choice. Quiet, and very easy to read at night. I loved my old Saitek, but this new Logitech is my new fav.
Fold for team #54196
Old January 14, 2011, 06:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I went to my local shop to try few KB. Unfortunatly there was no physical KB on stock :( I tried G110,510, illum, few saitek 2 or 3 other razer and even a KB with a touch num pad. But one get out of the lot. The steelseries shift was pretty nice. Not noisy at all but feel heavy and comfy for the type. I really loved ot over everything Logitech can do. Might be the right choise. Let do some more search ;)
Thx for reply!

Martin_metal_88

Old February 1, 2011, 03:31 AM
Rookie

You have already been provided by some of the good choices and from my point of view all are good. But keep in mind that they it should have some of the common merits for its working.
Old April 10, 2011, 09:56 AM
MVP

Hey guys, I have been reading this thread but one thing that is going over my head is this talk of black blue and brown switches. What does colour have to do with noise?

Also, I was browsing NCIX for models of keyboards and Das Keyboard has a "silent" model. Does anyone know just how silent it really is?