Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
1) Buy tenkeyless mechanical keyboard
2) Buy separate numkey
3) place numkey on left side
4) ???
5) Profit
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
They do make keyboards w/o the number pad. I can't stand keyboards with them either. The Filco I am currently using doesn't. The problem is you can't get Filco in North America anymore. Topre makes a Realforce tenkeyless as well, but it is $230.
Hm, never looked into tenkeyless keyboards... looking at them now, and they look perfect.

Thanks guys. :)
Old January 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_metal_88 View Post
Kilauea, I think that's because of the ghost key system. Some key can't be hold while other are to prevent mistake. That's a big sale point in the gaming keyboard.
I doubt it would be the ghost key system since 90-95% of the time the same action will be done without problems. Also, my cousin plays the game with me and he doesn't experience the same problem.
Old January 14, 2011, 10:40 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

what your talking about is called nkro (n key roll over) what mean is, is on most keyboards you can push up to 3 keys simultaneously and they register (which is called 2kro). some gaming keyboards are nkro while using ps2 connection which means you can push as many keys as you want at the same time and all will register, now these keyboards when used the a usb connection can only have 6kro+keypad (6 keys + keypad).

as for keyboard suggestion lets see.....

Steelseries 6gv2 (mechanical full NKRO)- my prefered keyboard, it is most excellent. cherry MX black switches. Steel Series 6gv2

Razer black widow (mechanical 2kro) heard both ways about this keyboard, many have said it is better quality than most razer products. cherry MX blue switches.Razer Black Widow Black Widow Ultimate

Deck Legend (mechanical NKRO) very nice looking keyboard if backlighting and NKRO is a must. cherry MX black or brown switches. legend or if you dont want a keypad 82 key

Those would be my suggestions but its all up to you and your own research you do.
Old January 14, 2011, 10:50 AM

My System Specs

Glad they fixed the backspace key on the 6GV2. It is horrible on my 7G. Black keyswitches are also not for everything. Although a lot better than membrane keyboards I do not like them all that much.
Old January 14, 2011, 11:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It's all preference. Some people love their MX blacks for typing, most do not. I use mine for everything and it's alright, though I'd like to try browns or blues but i'll be waiting for the Leopolds most likely before this happens.

Old January 14, 2011, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I saw only 2 G6V2 and G7, and both were having really cheap key. I mean, when we received the box all the key were falling into the box, they were not well holded into position. If it's a feature for easy clean it's not for me XD. Unfortunatly I never tryed them.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 14, 2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

Well, as someone whom use to be a internet chat addict that experienced carpal tunnel in both wrists cause of it I rethought my thinking on keyboards cause unfortunate to say alot of my life socialy & entertainment is based around my pc. LOL

Anyways if you want overall versatility & able to do long gaming & don't mind lack of backlighting I'd sugest looking at a microsoft Natural keyboard 4000 which OEM's new can be had for as cheap as $25ish. If you do alot of gaming or typing this keyboard will save you alot of strain & fatigue in your wrists & fingers.
Old January 14, 2011, 12:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i was in the same spot as you 6 months ago. I needed to replace my ailing and disgusting saitek eclipse i considered the mechanical ones but figured the clicking sound would drive me nuts. I ended up getting a G110 and love it. How ever be careful as some G110's sold have a European style layout which involves in different shapes and sizes of some keys (enter, shift, etc) but once i got used to the layout and it's been great. No complaints plus it's got a usb port for mouse and a freaking usb sound card in a keyboard.

Old January 14, 2011, 12:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah that's also something I was thinking. My GF is a night worker and when she sleep the clicking noise might piss her off. And you know that it's better not to wake a sleeping girl XD

Why is it so hard to chose hardware.

Mechanical is SOOOO NICE!!!! But noisy, no back light unless $$ and not a lot of fonction for gamer.
Gaming KB have LOTS OF FONCTION and back light, but the key feel a bit cheap under my finger...

It was easier to buy a car I think.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old January 14, 2011, 01:18 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

well mechanical wise black and brown switches aren't noisy unless you bottom out alot. Blue switches on the other hands are very noisy and can be quite annoying lol.