Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2011, 09:09 AM
MVP

Default rapid fire mouse

Anybody know of a mouse that has a "rapid fire" feature such as this one HardwareLogic: Reviews - OCZ Technology Equalizer Mouse gives you a button that fires 3 times.I have carpel tunnel.I don't PC game online,got a console for that.

Last edited by Jim; January 6, 2011 at 09:40 AM.
Old January 6, 2011, 09:35 AM
Allstar

I had the equalizer. It sucks. the "rapid" fire is not rapid at all. You can often click faster than the macro fires. You can fire MUCH faster if you bound the fire key to the mousewheel scroll. I would just stick with that.
Gigabyte HD 6970 OC
Gigabyte Z68X-UDH3-B3
Seasonic 760W
Coolermaster Hyper 212+
CM690 w/ 1-80mm, 6-120mm fans.
Old January 6, 2011, 09:54 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Inferno Mouse - Cooler Master
Old January 6, 2011, 10:39 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I would suggest the sharkoon fireglider.

fireglider review

a guy that did a personal review on a crap ton of mice "Got the Got the Sharkoon Fireglider in. Its at ZipZoomFly for $36.99, so you might think its some inferior crap.

ZipZoomfly.com Special deals - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Camera, Networking, Electronics and more

Its not.

First of all, I love the thumb grip with the ribbed rubber.

Second, because my pinky and ring finger can actually get around the side of the mouse, its much easier to lift up.

Third... and yes, the flames are ghey looking... it actually feels good. The glossy surfaces of the buttons aren't bad... I kinda like the smooth surface compared to all of the textured and rubberized plastics out there. Its easier to clean... thats for sure.

The scroll wheel lacks side scroll (like the mionix), but its remaining action feels good. The software is well done, although you have to look in the manual to figure out what some buttons do. Better documentation in the software would overcome this. Still, once you know, its easy. Some of the button profiles are somewhat... um... HACKER FRIENDLY. Not only the ability to assign macros, but there are built in cheater scripts!

The thumb buttons are well done, although a little high up on the side of the mouse to easily access. I tend to assign these buttons for knifing and alt fire modes in CoD, and I actually have to reach up with my thumb a bit more than I would like. What can I say, the MS X8's thumb button placement sorta spoils me.

The DPI settings are done with one button. In windows, when you hit the button, a small text box pops up in the lower right corner telling you the DPI number, but not in game. To switch DPI, you must tap the button and cycle through the settings you made in the software. You can set up to 5 slots with anything from 100 to 3600 DPI. There is a corresponding LED color of red, green, or yellow that the button changes to show which mode you are in... wait... 5 possible modes with only 3 LED colors (and off, so I suppose you could say 4 indicators)... yes. There are other LED settings that slowly flash from yellow to either green or red (but not red and green oddly enough), which are sorta useless because you have to hit the button and then wait and see if the button changes color. The one button approach isnt the best... it works if you only use 2 or 3 DPI settings (for me, its 100, 800, and 1200, so I can cycle through easily and tell just by the feedback which setting I am at by how many clicks from the 100 setting I am). This setup could easily be confusing though. Im sure if I set it up with 4 levels I would be constantly cycling through and start using swear words for periods. So this method is 50/50... I like it because its one of the few out there that allows 5 adjustable DPI settings (the common 3 always leaves me wishing for a 4th, and only the G9 can offert this with up to 5 as well), but the method of cycling through every setting is a bit akward. Having individual buttons like the Sidewinder x8 would be better (even though the x8's only needing 3 buttons for 3 settings means 2 buttons in an up/down config would work just as well), but I know that costs money (considering there would have to be 5 here). Still, I cant imagine having to cycle through 4 settings to go from 'tank mode' to 'infantry mode' every time you exit a tank. OTOH, maybe its something you just get used to and remember... you just keep track in your head like all the letters on the keyboard so you just know what you are at... and there are the LED colors to help for reference... so maybe it is good enough... I dont know.

Tracking is strong, even on my Steelseries SX mousepad that the Mionix S.Q.A.T. only says is 'good'...lol:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826995033 I can easily pick up and move around and not lose a signal. FWIW, I can even use its laser on my stainless steel desk surface and it tracks just fine (I should test all mice on this because I know some mice cant deal with it, like my G9).

There are weights in the mouse... whoop whoop... like most other mice with this feature, I could care less. To me its a gimmick since I just take them out anyways (I like it as light as I can get it), and in most cases (no exception here) there is very little difference compared to the mouse's weight in the first place. The MS Sidewinder x8 skips this feature all together (I cant disagree with that move) and instead offers various mouse feet... so while the weight may not change, the friction will (which is what matters).

I gotta say though, the feet that come with this Fireglider are the slickest I have used. Even the slickest on the Mionix aren't as slick, and the MS x8's plastic feet just cant even come close. So if you like the slickest feet possible, this mouse has it.

The mouse is solid... as good as the Mionix or most others. This makes me question how 'in depth' most mouse reviewers really get with their mice... the review at bit-tech.com for this mouse is just plain off: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/per...gaming-mouse/2
Not to mention, they obviously didnt play with it much and find out what some of those custom settings will get you.

I haven't messed around with the macros much, but I should (even though I tend not to). There seems to be many many built in 'perk' settings, like...

Now, the 7th button; there is a small extra button... a second left-click button if you will. It is set up by default to be a 'treble click'... sort of like a double click... but not quite (it seems like its a double click with no time between clicks or something). Maybe someone else here is more versed in these things. Anyways, in windows, its an automatic double click. Okay... but then I tried it in modern warfare 2... WHOAH!! It turns any semi auto into a 3 round burst! Somehow, it does it with minimal recoil on most guns too. The Barrett rifle has a bit of recoil, but it did work... in particular when no-scoping... just tap this button twice and you let out a barrage of 50cal bullets that are sure to hit something! On 3-round burst weapons like the FAMAS and M16, it does nothing. On full autos though, it makes them into 3 round burst weapons... very nice. Rather than have to time out my bullets on full auto (and counter the instinct to hold down) on say... the RPD, the RPD is now a 3-round burst weapon like the FAMAS. The FN FAL (normally semi) is also a 3 round burst now... turning it into one of the most potent guns in the game. Pistols all become Rafficas... the M9 is now identical to the Raffica (which, in real life, they pretty much are... the raffica is just an automatic M9). I have never gotten so many kills with the USP 45 or M9 as now. Its an automatic 3 round burst! The magnum is silly too... it shoots 3 round bursts, clearing its 6 round drum in two shots. The cool part is that somehow the pistols dont fire like crazy... the recoil seems to be overcome somehow and every bullet in the burst is shot when the gun returns to the intended position... so its not just a 3-round wild-fire, but 3 well placed shots. On some SMG's, it makes for a slower 3 rounds than normal (the UMP for instance) because the recoil is pretty strong), but on the UZI and Vector, the gun actually does a full speed 5 round burst with negligable recoil.

The Macro setup menu is one of the best I have seen. It doesn't just memorize on the fly, it allows you to input any movement (mouse gestures even) or setting on the keyboard and is really a programmers screen (and macro makers dream). You can set the mouse click delay, mouse movements, how many clicks... etc... you name it. In the menus, I see pre-built macro files for all sorts of things; 3x fire, 4x fire, auto assign workers in RTS's, quick purchase weapons, quick turn 180 degrees (to snap around and shoot that guy behind you), Full auto (with timing adjustment between each shot)... you name it, it can make it or already has a macro file for it. But no worries about macros bogging down gameplay with interrupts, since they all get uploaded to the mouse anyways. I have never seen macro software this intense. Usually its just basic stuff... combos of other mouse keys in most cases, but this thing can be set up to macro ANYTHING.

For the price, this mouse is one of the best values around IMO. Sure, it lacks a cloth wrapped cord (but does include extra feet as well as a pouch), but for $36... I can wrap the cord myself. They could have charged $50 or more for this mouse... dont let the low price fool you, its actually a good mouse, and in some ways, awesome"

sorry long quote but I think he has done the best short review on this mouse and with all the mice he has reviewed he seems to be able to compare mice really well.source
Old January 6, 2011, 11:05 AM
MVP

sweet ,nice review for it YouTube - CMHD.TV - CM Storm Inferno Gaming Mouse
Old February 1, 2011, 03:42 AM
Rookie

I have not heard of any such mouse, would like to know more about it. The video shown though helps a lot.