Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 6, 2011, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Butt Kicker set up?

Anybody here have a Butt Kicker? If so,how do you set it up for the most base and the least rattle? I have to crank the volume on the amp very high to get any effect at all. Is there a way I should be setting my sound card? Any tips are very much appreciated. There is not much info on thier own site.for some reason. Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old January 6, 2011, 12:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i think most people set them up with their own dedicated amp, or a nice reciever with enough hookups to drive them independatly at a good power level, much like a passive subwoofer
Old January 6, 2011, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mook06 View Post
i think most people set them up with their own dedicated amp, or a nice reciever with enough hookups to drive them independatly at a good power level, much like a passive subwoofer
I have the series 2 and it came with a zillion cables for xbox and other amps etc. Any idea as to how to set it up as is? What Butt Kicker amp settings and what sound card settings? I know I can try a bunch of different things but it will take forever to get it 'just right'. How do you have yours configured? Thanks.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old January 7, 2011, 10:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No one here with one of these toys?
Old January 15, 2011, 02:45 PM
Rookie

I don't own it but I'm familiar with it.

I assume you've followed the instructions and have clamped it on to the center pillar of your computer chair (directly to the metal not the plastic cover) and it should be tightly attached.

You say you have to crank it to get any effect? I assume you're using it mostly for gaming so you can either follow the instructions in the pdf manual available on their website. I'd leave the LF cutoff on OFF, set the HF cutoff to their recommended 40hz or go as high at 60hz to get more bass without getting 'too much' music. Or if that's rattling too much set the LF switch to on and see if that helps. Other than that play with the volume control a bit and double check your connections.

JR
Old January 15, 2011, 03:58 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRunior View Post
I don't own it but I'm familiar with it.

I assume you've followed the instructions and have clamped it on to the center pillar of your computer chair (directly to the metal not the plastic cover) and it should be tightly attached.

You say you have to crank it to get any effect? I assume you're using it mostly for gaming so you can either follow the instructions in the pdf manual available on their website. I'd leave the LF cutoff on OFF, set the HF cutoff to their recommended 40hz or go as high at 60hz to get more bass without getting 'too much' music. Or if that's rattling too much set the LF switch to on and see if that helps. Other than that play with the volume control a bit and double check your connections.

JR
Thanks for responding. I got it figured out. I had to enable Flex Bass in my sound card. I didn't know what the hell Flex Bass was but after checking around and using a bit of common sense,I now have it working perfectly. Thanks again.