Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 3, 2008, 09:27 PM
Top Prospect

Default VX Revolution - First Impressions

not worth the price. it looks sweet and it's comfortable in the hand, but that's about it. the buttons are flimsy. the scroll wheel is annoying, whether it's smooth or rough (refer to the microgear switch at the bottom of the mouse for scroll wheel movement texture/resistance). heck, the AA battery (kudos for that, better then AAA) jiggles inside the battery compartment. very uncool. compared to the VX Nano, this thing is sad. I'm very disappointed to be honest...Logitech is known for it's top notch products and at the price point this sells for, I would have expected better.

Pros:
looks good
form fitting
uses an AA battery vs VX Nano's AAA

Cons:
cheap plastic feel that flexes
battery jiggles
battery compartment cover is a joke
the USB receiver dongle storage is silly and doesn't inspire confidence it will 'stay' in place, once clicked in.

Conclusion:
while a nice form fitting mouse to the hand, the cheap feel and look (once you see and handle it, it's not much to behold) it's got a lot more problems then positives. of course, this is initial observations with just getting it out and in use. compared to it's refined brother, the VX Nano, this thing pales in comparison. they both share the same 800dpi optical engine, so I'd say grab a Nano first.