Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 2, 2010, 08:16 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Mionix NAOS 3200 Gaming Mouse Review Comment Thread

Mionix is far from a household name in the peripheral market but they have introduced a long list of mice, gaming surfaces and headphones which have targeted gamers. Their range of high performance gaming mice has recently become available in North America and in this review we take a look at their mid-range NAOS 3200....

[ Read full article ]

Last edited by SKYMTL; December 2, 2010 at 08:31 PM.
Old December 2, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The shape looks a lot like the OCZ Behemoth.
Old December 3, 2010, 07:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilauea View Post
The shape looks a lot like the OCZ Behemoth.
Funny it reminded me of my CM Sentential but shorter and without the onboard memory, profile switch or lcd/led. Hell even the software is reminiscent of CM's.
IMO for $60 there is a hella better offerings out on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old December 6, 2010, 06:33 AM
Trial Member

How come you guys didn't review the Naos 5000 instead? It has built in memory, almost stepless DPI setting (between 90-5040 i think, same sensor as the qPad 5K) for Y and X axles, adjustable weight, better software, better support for macros, surface quality analyzer etc.. And it still has the exact same nice shape of the 3200. In fact, the 3200 was created as a budget alternative for those who aren't willing to pay for the features of the Naos 5000, so why test the low budget version and then complain about the lack of features that are in the premium version?
Old December 6, 2010, 06:42 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

They sent us the 3200. IF they had sent the 5000 we would gladly have reviewed it. Sadly, they did not. We can only compare what we are sent to review.

We "complained" as you put it about the lack of these features because A) they brand it as a "high performance" gaming mouse that B) costs the same if not more as the competition's gaming mice. If they had sent the 5000 it certainly would have alleviated (possibly) the first issue, but it would have exacerbated the second as the 5000 is more expensive than the 3200.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr

Last edited by AkG; December 6, 2010 at 07:05 AM.