Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 28, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDrummer View Post
By the way, what are you referring to when you say "follow" traces?
He's talking about the metal film strips between the plastic sheets under the silicone/keys. They're usually the culprit when you're having issues with certain buttons. You have to take apart your entire keyboard to get to them, not just remove the keys on top. With the scissor mechanism keys, they're a lot harder to put back together, hence my previous comment. If you've got nothing to lose, you may as well try it, but you might have to trash your keyboard like the previous poster mentioned. (clean it with alcohol first, let it dry, then re-trace the metal film with a graphite pencil, preferably something softer than your standard HB)
Old November 28, 2010, 03:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
He's talking about the metal film strips between the plastic sheets under the silicone/keys. They're usually the culprit when you're having issues with certain buttons. You have to take apart your entire keyboard to get to them, not just remove the keys on top. With the scissor mechanism keys, they're a lot harder to put back together, hence my previous comment. If you've got nothing to lose, you may as well try it, but you might have to trash your keyboard like the previous poster mentioned. (clean it with alcohol first, let it dry, then re-trace the metal film with a graphite pencil, preferably something softer than your standard HB)
I see, thanks. That might be a bit too much work!
Old November 30, 2010, 06:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichDrummer View Post
I removed the space and shift keys already. I think those are a little easier to remove/replace than the letter keys :P
And you probably dont have plump polish saussages for fingers either.